• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Drivers and Gearing

I'm trying to find info on the series 8 tracks, like lug stiffness/ flex compared to the 2.6". Madmax how does the epic do in wet heavy snow? Does it fold over and like the poo2.6" ?
snowest has a video on this. Polaris claims same durameter as the 2.6 and is 5lbs lighter

I seen the video, was just wounding if the back of the lug rib/vertical pieces would stiffen up the lug, not fold over after 200 miles like the 2.6" does. Lots of tracks use the same durameter, but some work better then others.

I'm told the QD2 is lower geared than Kurt's Gear Down.
Looks like the numbers in this thread might confirm that.IMG_20200304_135304670.jpg

I trimmed my 3” series 7 track to 2.7” and used like that for a full season. It was better then 3” in every snow condition with boosted sled- no experience with stock sled. Flat out climbed higher, didn’t trench near as deep, hooked up and wheelies on hard pack instead of spinning out. It hooked so much harder in all conditions I couldn’t keep the track from ratcheting on the driver after trimming even banjo tight it would skip randomly and had no issues with skipping before the trim at normal tension. To solve the ratcheting all I had to do was fully clip the track and could run on normal tension.

Closer look at the 165 is needed for the non-clipped windows - pics look like poo/camso molded in more rubber on the non-clipped bars, the compatibility to fully clip could be different.

Yes, Kurts is 2.39:1... there were rumors they’re offering a lower ratio yet, but not sure that was true?
Kurt’s final drive is 2.39 (depending what drivers you have). The Kurt’s actual pulley ratio is 2.09, same as the pro pulleys. The QD2 pulley ratio is 2.27; 22/50 pulleys I believe. Final drive with the 3.5 pitch drivers is 2.47

If the pulley ratio is 2.27 how is the final drive determined?
Why or how is it different?

If the pulley ratio is 2.27 how is the final drive determined?
Why or how is it different?
By the diameter of the drivers... as far as I know “final drive ratio” has been based off 8 tooth 2.86 drivers when talking Polaris the last 10 or so years, likely because the pro rmk came factory with 8 tooth 2.86 drivers. You kind of need to have a relevant or baseline number (driver circumference) to base overall feel off of, because the pulley ratio becomes more or less irrelevant when talking multiple drivers sizes/tooth counts.

Any word on what kind of clutching the new QD2 sleds will come with?

The clutching with the high elevation kit is said to be the same as previous years, however they did manage to save 1.5lbs by using a new helix that is lighter still running the straight 42. The low elevation kit 0-3000 ft was said to be using a 60-44 helix with different springs and possibly 10-70 weights but they were still testing at that time.

The clutching with the high elevation kit is said to be the same as previous years, however they did manage to save 1.5lbs by using a new helix that is lighter still running the straight 42. The low elevation kit 0-3000 ft was said to be using a 60-44 helix with different springs and possibly 10-70 weights but they were still testing at that time.
1 1/2 pounds lighter on the new high elevation helix? Is that right? Seems like that would have been given more attention... That’s a lot of rotational weight coming off! As a reference Patrick’s takes just under 2 lbs total combined weight off primary and secondary when they are shaved, balanced and get the carbon fiber cover with ti bolts.

Sorry my mistake it was meant to say 1.5oz

1 1/2 pounds lighter on the new high elevation helix? Is that right? Seems like that would have been given more attention... That’s a lot of rotational weight coming off! As a reference Patrick’s takes just under 2 lbs total combined weight off primary and secondary when they are shaved, balanced and get the carbon fiber cover with ti bolts.

Premium Features

Back