• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Yeti fr129 vs 2023 Riot 3 Pro ?

J
Mar 1, 2019
Hi,

Currently have a Husaberg Fe570 with a 2018 Camso kit I bought to try snow biking and I loved it enough to get a better kit for next winter.

Located in eastern Quebec in the Gaspe Bay with access to nice mountains but no huge amount of snow like out west.
Need to ridesnowmobile trails for about 10km before getting fresh snow.

Have two used options locally: either a 2019 Yeti FR 129 (with a new track) or a 2023 Riot 3 (TSS) with very low hours for 1000$ more.

Will have to get the fitkit for either one of them, Yeti is 1100$ and Timbersled 405$

Which one would be the better kit ?

Thanks

M
Jan 14, 2004
Everyone is going to tell you the same thing and that is it depends on your riding style. Coming off of the Camso kit you will feel quite at home on the Yeti right off the bat. The Riot is a different kit. I rode a 2023 last season and it wasn't what I was expecting, I likely needed to be more aggressive on it. The Camso kit doesn't get the credit it deserves when it comes to turning. We all know they weigh a ton and have no suspension but in deep snow they climb great and turn on a dime. The 2019 Yeti won't have that same feel. To get that in the Yeti you will need to buy a 2022 or newer Yeti with 5 inch rail spacing, in fact I personally wouldn't buy any 10 rail space kit of any brand. If those 2 kits are only $1000 difference either the Riot is cheap or the Yeti is overpriced.

What ever you decide try not to let price be your guide, find the right kit.

M5

Hi,

Currently have a Husaberg Fe570 with a 2018 Camso kit I bought to try snow biking and I loved it enough to get a better kit for next winter.

Located in eastern Quebec in the Gaspe Bay with access to nice mountains but no huge amount of snow like out west.
Need to ridesnowmobile trails for about 10km before getting fresh snow.

Have two used options locally: either a 2019 Yeti FR 129 (with a new track) or a 2023 Riot 3 (TSS) with very low hours for 1000$ more.

Will have to get the fitkit for either one of them, Yeti is 1100$ and Timbersled 405$

Which one would be the better kit ?

Thanks
I have spent time on both of those kits. I don’t like how fragile the carbon tunnels are on the yetis. I have personally seen three crack now in the field. They are lightweight but at the cost of durability. The Timbersled Riot 3 kits are built stout, and very playful. I would spring for that Timbersled. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
Premium Features