• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Axys rear suspension stick

Hey everyone,
I picked up a 2016 AXYS not too long ago and am super excited for it. The only issue I have noticed with my machine is when I lift the track off the ground and set it back down on the ground, the rear suspension/skid kind of sticks then settles into the travel. Feels like it get stuck when the shocks are at extension. Or a weird top out feeling idk. Has anyone else had this issue. Or any ideas how to fix it.
IMG_7284.jpeg

It wouldn't hurt to remove the rear skid, pull the pivot bars, clean them up good and inspect all the welded portions of the skid parts, then regrease with the synthetic grease and reassemble. The aluminum pivot bar can get dy and start to erode and create build up in the tube which can bind after a while.
If you want, you can pull the snap ring out of the bogie wheels and press the bearings out, pop the side caps off, clean and regrease those as well.

It wouldn't hurt to remove the rear skid, pull the pivot bars, clean them up good and inspect all the welded portions of the skid parts, then regrease with the synthetic grease and reassemble. The aluminum pivot bar can get dy and start to erode and create build up in the tube which can bind after a while.
If you want, you can pull the snap ring out of the bogie wheels and press the bearings out, pop the side caps off, clean and regrease those as well.

Yep! Best to pull the skid out and check everything. Attached is what I found when I did mine a few years ago. Remember use a low temp grease when greasing your skid.

Attachments

• IMG_4776.png
    IMG_4776.png
    590.9 KB · Views: 13
Premium Features

Back