• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Xm belt drive and post forward

S

Sledcrazy2014

I'm wandering how those of you that put a belt drive on ur xm like it
Is it worth spending the 800-1000 bucks?
Anything that you don't like about it?

Also how you with the post forward like that
Is it worth the 300
Any input will be great

If you get the post foreward kit make sure you get a straight steering column like the one on the XRS.

You don't need a belt drive. I've had one for 3 years and it works very well but on a stock machine it's not worth spending $1000. The stock chain setup does a fine job of transfering power.

No issues with the TKI belt drive. Less noise, seems smoother as far as what you feel through the bars and feet. Quicker response due to less rotating weight. Huge gains? No....but it works great, super clean install.
Post forward is fine if you want a little more vertical riser. The Skinz post is curved to fit around the intake plenum so no need to modify your intake. Very clean install and perfect fit with better bushings and no slop.

I've talked to 2 people recently that rode a post forward sled, that didn't think they wanted it till they rode it. One guy went from saying it wasn't something he'd ever do, to saying how he wants one now.

FYI, if you do a diamond S or other lightweight hood without a plenum, you don't need the different post.

Has anyone put a power commander on there xm etec??
Is it worth the 400 bucks also how bout a Y pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would stay away from the power commander. I was chatting with the guys from slp and they said the power commander doesn't compensate for barometric changes. The etecs run pretty close to the line as it is, so I don't think there would be any gain with the PC and a lot of screwing around when altitude and the temperature changes.

Premium Features

Back