• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Rev Limiter alet on the gauge cluster?

C
Nov 18, 2013
Plains MT
Last week while I was going down hill the warning light came on the gauge cluster stating REV LIMITER. My RPM was only in the 4800 range, This happen 3 different times. All 3 times I had the clutch engaged to slow my speed. Anyone have an idea why this happened?

Sled is a 2013 XM etec

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
I have a 13 XM and ride with three 14 XMs and we all have the same thing happen when going down long, steep hills. Just blip the throttle and it goes away.

Reactions: Cowboy357
C
Nov 18, 2013
Plains MT
K thanks for the info. It was a long steep hill with spring snow so I was scooting right along. Asked my dealer about it and he had never heard of it before.

Love the XM....

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
I saw this when I was messing with pin wight, the reason it comes on is the rev limiter scences that the engine is revving up too fast, going downhill the engine breaking engages and revs up too fast if on a clicker that is too low or you are needing more pin weight, my issue came and left with pin weight changes i was experimenting with.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Mine has displayed that message before if I lose traction on a climb or don't let off in the air early enough. Same idea, RPM increases too quickly without the load.

Premium Features