• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 m8 bd turbo trouble

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Please help asap. My buddy just put on bd 2863 tial no intercooler on his 2013 m8. We are out riding in wy and can't get it to run at all with the numbers bd gave us. I don't know anything about the bd box I am hoping someone will give us some numbers that it will at least run the rest of our trip maybe not perfect but run. Thanks for any help.

Wish I could help buddy. Hated messing with all the numbers an settings on my piped boonie box m1000.

Well for starters what's wrong? There are so many variables in a turbo two stroke that could be a problem area. What's happening? What's your afr gauge reading? Boost level? Are they consistent? Have you checked your plugs? Could be a number of things but lets try and narrow it down. I may not be able to help you but with some more information someone else on here just might!

How about elevation? My sled rocks but my numbers are going to be way off for you im guessing...we ride at 45-7000'

How about elevation? My sled rocks but my numbers are going to be way off for you im guessing...we ride at 45-7000'

I have always been under the impression that elevation and boost isn't something you have to worry about when comparing maps??
The BDbox compensates for elevation and boost.
If you normaly ride your sled at 1000ft. You can ride it up to 10.000ft without changing any numbers.
Where am I wrong here?

It runs so bad I don't know where to start. From take off to 20% throttle it is OK after that it bogs and won't rev unless on hard pack but it seems way lean and gauge shows lean. We are at 10,000 ft and box set at 7.5 psi With the clutching bd sent. We have the numbers bd sent but it won't run enuff to tune it. We upped the boost fuel numbers up 20+ numbers over what bd sent and it runs better. I would just like the numbers that work for someone else because I think something else is wrong with the kit. Unless bd gave him the wrong numbers? Again I have no idea how to tune a bd box we are just trying to ride tomorrow instead of driving 14 hrs home.

With my push m8 I could max out my fuel settings and it would run better than this.

I'm assuming your buddy installed this kit himself? Sounds similar to the problem I was having when I installed my turbo. Boost leak. Check your charge tube, airbox, all your vac lines, I've ran with Polaris turbos from boondocker and the numbers they sent out were spot on. I can't see them wronging you there. I would start by tearing the panels off and going over the whole setup with a fine tooth comb. It maybe something as simple as that.

On a side note tho, what's your main fuel pressure set at ??

There is no fuel pressure reg. That I am aware of on this kit. We will check for boost leaks. I am thinking we got the wrong numbers from bd but they are not answering the phone. :face-icon-small-dis

No regulator? Well there's your problem.. I'd check into this before anything else. Your stock fuel system won't supply enough fuel to run boost. That's why when you add fuel it seems to help a little but not enough. You're straining your stock system to try and supply more fuel then what it's capable of, which explains why you're running lean as well.

I have no idea its not my sled. I didn't install the kit my buddy did if a reg came with the kit I am sure he put it on. All I know is my push kit on my 2010 has the reg in the tank I don't think he put anything in the tank. All I wanted was some numbers that work so we could rule out getting wrong numbers from bd. Thanks for trying to help but looks like we better load up and head home.

To bad this ruined your trip.

On a cat I am sure they wanted a high output fuel pump. And a 1:1 raising rate fuel pressure regulator. And it should have the fuel pressure around 40psi at idle. Not positive on your tail system but this is how the twisted kits are setup.

You should run fine until you start to build boost. You should be on the stock injectors until the boost fuel comes in, if your not getting boost fuel or enough fuel it will fall on it's face.

So I would, check the fuel pressure at idle, make sure you have a hi output fuel pump, check the wiring to the secondary injectors,

I guess one question is Has it EVER ran good? That would help to know for sure.

Anyway, If you have a bad connection or your secondary injectors aren't coming on you will have some issues.

Thunder

His fuel system is fine! Bd,s newer kits with the 3d tuning dont use rising rate Fp syetem, just a electronic booster pump for the stock pump on rg kits and nothing done on pg kits!

Did the sled ever run properly since the kit was put on?

Do not compare components from different turbo kits, some do not use fuel pressure regulators. Make sure your charge tube has not blown off because of a loose clamp that’s what is sounds like, I would start with that. It could be a component failure, install problem or programming issue, it is probably something simple. Maybe post a phone number and someone that is acquainted with this kit will help you out, that would be the quickest way to try to get this sorted out.

The kit has never ran good. The first time out the secondary injectors were not working. Bd sent him an updated wiring harness to give them more power. Then they had him test them at idle and they flooded motor so they are working now. We did look for any issues or boost leak but didn't see any issues.

We are on the way home now gave up trying to get some numbers to try in bd box. He will call bd on Monday to rule that out before tearing it all apart then find we have fueling numbers way off. What a shame as nws is calling for 1-2 ft next couple days in the snowies. :frusty:

Thanks for all the replies hopefully it is something simple when we get it in the shop.

BD sux -so is there customer service

Jared and Rocky sessions can sux it, I'm sorry for you that you bought a high Dollar turbo kit and can't get any customer service, that is why i recommend either twisted or Cutler they stand By their product, i used to have a boonie Turbo, and suffered like everybody else, It took 2-3 days to get any kind of support. Shain Stanger answers his phone and returns a call within 15 minutes anytime i call with a question. Boonie's customer support sux I Have experienced it. first hand.

Last edited:
I have always had good support from boondocker. Pressure test the system to check for boost leaks. That's my guess. Super rich can lead super lean on an afr

OK I will mention to him pressure test the system. thanks guys lots of things to check.

Large52 thanks for the bad rap that's awesome

numbers

go down 3/4 of page (proclimb boondocker numbers) graham r post ,use mine they work graham is using them too . hit the brakes goto the snow!!!!

Kc you guys have a different kit I believe. He has 2863 tial and no intercooler maybe it doesn't matter and numbers will be very close?

Premium Features

Back