• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 proclimb m8 which turbo kit

which turbo kit for 2012 proclimb m8

• ovs

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • push

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • boondocker

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • other

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Twisted Turbo

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
some one do a push kit so they can tell us about it, my old man just bought a pro climb 8 and is thinking about turboing but hates tuning so I am trying to convince him to try the push, but cutler is proven so he is thinking that might be the way to go.

I have a deposit on two kits but our first ride wont be till sometime in Dec, maybe late Nov depending on work and snow.

In general if you don't know how or don't like to turn wrenches you should not buy a turbo. They will require more maintenance and tuning. I most definitely would not buy a new and unproven system.

Last edited:
some one do a push kit so they can tell us about it, my old man just bought a pro climb 8 and is thinking about turboing but hates tuning so I am trying to convince him to try the push, but cutler is proven so he is thinking that might be the way to go.

Id be real cautious buying anything from Cuttler. I made that mistake a few years ago and in hind sight learned an expensive lesson. We had a couple MK1s we purchased from him and he sold us a pile of parts that were suposed to be supper wazzzu. The problem was AC had switched to the 3 tower clutch that season and rather than him testing and knowing what was needed he just threw a handfull of cool looking parts in box and sold us a line of Sh!!. He made the assumption we couldnt really ride and that we wouldnt beable to tell the difference between a tunned sled and a stock out of the boxer! Big mistake. The sleds never did run good and the clutching was horrible and i mean horrible. We spent countless hrs tunning trying to figure out what was wrong. If your dad doesnt want to wrench id advise him to stay away from a new model and a Cuttler anything. My experiance not only gave me a bad taste for the dealer but it ruined the AC brand name for me. Myself and friends have not been back on the Cat ever since. Ive had the opposite luck in dealing with BD. Their stuff has always worked as advertised. I keep coming back year after year. Cuttler talks a big story, i have to admitt he sold me but it was all BS at the end of the day and he had a million reasons why it wasnt his parts.

I would go twisted..... Stanger best product on the market and the best customer service hands down.. And he will hook ya up on a good reliable product..

we dont mind twisting wrenches and are more than capable just in his "old age" is wanting a more turn key reliable sled but needs the power to move him around, we will see what happens with these push turbos.

My experiance not only gave me a bad taste for the dealer but it ruined the AC brand name for me.

The fact that a poor experience also soured you on the brand of sled as well, kind of gives us an idea of where you're coming from.

There's a BUNCH of cutler customers on here & yours & one other are the only complaints I've heard... look at BD's track record in comparison:face-icon-small-win

I've had two stage II's with GREAT service and pull & go performance from Cutler.

You're complaining about some clutch parts... we're talking turbos here.

They all make mistakes, and they all piss SOMEONE off eventually... I just prefer the companies who do it less often!!:becky:

The fact that a poor experience also soured you on the brand of sled as well, kind of gives us an idea of where you're coming from.

There's a BUNCH of cutler customers on here & yours & one other are the only complaints I've heard... look at BD's track record in comparison:face-icon-small-win

I've had two stage II's with GREAT service and pull & go performance from Cutler.

You're complaining about some clutch parts... we're talking turbos here.

They all make mistakes, and they all piss SOMEONE off eventually... I just prefer the companies who do it less often!!:becky:

You bring up BD. Look at their track record. How many more turbo kits have they sold?? Many more than all the other turbo companies put together. I am not cheerleading for them, just being objective. I have had turbos from different companies and they all work very well when set up correctly.

It is interesting the number of votes for Push. I did not even hear that much regarding them last year, and now a cutting edge kit this year. This is not a bash, I hope their kit works well and wish them luck. It will change the whole game of putting turbos on that is for sure.

Sam

Last edited:
You bring up BD. Look at there track record. How many more turbo kits have they sold?? Many more than all the other turbo companies put together.

Personally though, I've only seen 2 ever that were consistent & pull & go, and those were both PG systems.

The only bd kits I have ever seen that didn't have some kind of issue are the 2011 kits installed by a dealer that has been running them since 09 personally. The older ones all had updates to fix problems, not to just upgrade. Unlike twisted, cutler and ovs

i have a bd rg kit it was the 2011 kit.
i bought it based on a number of others i knew running bd's prior years kits, whom had no problems with their kits. other than routine maintenance.

not a single problem with my kit.

i did the install myself.

i do agree with wyoboy and most others,
i have seen a few kits on sleds that dont work consistently (tt,bd,cutler,ovs), and they did the installs themselves.

attention to detail with turbo/mod sleds is what it takes.

if you dont like to tinker with your sleds, don't boost them.

i wanted a pull and go sled, which i have, but not really....
if anyone thinks they are going to own a turbo sled and not check things over after every couple rides you are just asking for trouble.

i wash my sled after almost every ride, unless im riding the next day.
by doing this it gives me a chance to check things over under the hood.

i had a mod carb sled a number of years ago that was way more work than my turbo sled.

upkeep is the game/priority with these sleds.

take care of them, clean them, inspect them. all will be good!!!

pull and go is a term for stock sleds, these are not stock sleds!

in my opinion....

also,

i think all 4 kits

ovs
bd
cutler
tt

are all very,very,very good kits, each offers something a little different than the other, which is appealing to some more than others.

when i bought my kit
i flipped a coin to see who got my $$$$

the ebc, tunnel dump, was the deciding factor for me.

i sure liked that cutler kit too!

maybe i will head to colorado this winter and meet up with you backcountry.

ive always wanted to ride co.

maybe i will head to colorado this winter and meet up with you backcountry.

ive always wanted to ride co.

You should take the route through MT and ride here one day then give me a ride down there, then we can rag on your bd kit together and BC can tell us how sally's only ride long tracks, lol.

I really like some of the options of the bd kit, what I don't like is how many updates/fixes they have with electrical items.

Twisted runs the turbo I want and builds a solid kit with a oil delete, thats why I choose them

People WASH sleds???

You need a sled deck bro!

(btw... I sell them, make you a good deal!!!:face-icon-small-win)

Come on out... ALWAYS up for riding with different folks!!

Stage 1

Anyone in low Elev run Stage 1 cutler. im a LOW ELEV guy... thinking ill have less tuning problems and definately would be able to install it myself... in the description... sounds like its just airbox a turbo and tube... no injectors or anything... anyone kno how much boost this will produce... jsut sounds funky.. the other kits have alot more to them.

Sry just a Virgin to the Turbo world. tryin to get my kittyCat wet :usa2:

Premium Features

Back