• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 proclimb m8 which turbo kit

which turbo kit for 2012 proclimb m8

• ovs

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • push

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • boondocker

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • other

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Twisted Turbo

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like the sound of the push kit,12lbs on pump?? but id splash a few gallons of av fuel to be on the safe side.Im comming off a boosted apex,so im looking for big power too. How well are the cat 800 motor holding up to boost over 12 lbs?

Bias poll,

Twisted, simple and proven
next would be ovs or cutler

Push kit looks cool but 100% not proven and you better find a really good dealer to work with you

--What kit depends on a few things

-What level of boost do you want to consistently run(larger turbos run more boost alot easier, especially at altitude)
-How complex do you want your system(intercooler, oiless turbo, oil injection delete, etc)--(oiless, no intercooler, oil injection delete seems most simple and lightest)
-Wastegate style(Tial external or standard internal)
-Add ons available(oiless, billet wheel, Tial)
-Dealer support
-Proven setups or cutting edge innovation which may require a little more "patience"
-Price

Since Gus doesnt do Cats(lol), I've become real partial to OVS over the last two seasons.

I have only bought parts from them and they have given me amazing support. There is no doubt in my mind that they have their fuel management system down pat. They have plenty of reserve built in to their systems for any boost level you want to run.

I love to experiment and Travis has programmed my Pure Logics box to accommodate my system and needs.

Garr is one of the best clutching and performance gurus I have ever met. They have both treated me like I had been buying kits for years,.... instead of the do it yourself guy,...who buys this and that, now and then.

Kudos to them!

Funny how the top contenders were all left out of poll.LOL!! I'm thinking the dark horse in the race will be the aerocharger very clean looking kit. We kinda need all major kit builders as options, can't wait too see what cutler&twisted bring to the Snow!!

Last edited:
Well cutler is were im heading.like I said I've been a 4 stroke guy and haven't done much research on the 2 stroke turbos so sorry about the bad poll.that's why I reached out to you guys.thanks for the info and filling me in.

The funny thing is

Not sure anyone even has kits ready to ship. I was kind of pissed that push can not get me kits so I went to order one from BD and they are 3-4 weeks out.

So we might need to add to the poll the MFG that has one ready to ship.

Not sure anyone even has kits ready to ship. I was kind of pissed that push can not get me kits so I went to order one from BD and they are 3-4 weeks out.

YEP!!!:face-icon-small-win

Sam

Cutler

ill be going stage 2 cutler this year! sneak peak...:face-icon-small-coo (buddies sled)
IMG_0456.jpg

Last edited:
I seen the push kit at the salt lake show and it is by far the cleanest looking kit. Whether it works, as advertised, is another question. boondockers kit looked good. Those were the 2 that interested me.

thats funny you post this. I was reading all of these and that was my question....not what kit you want but what kit can you have to ride this winter. My bet is on Cutler and BD first.

I looked them all over at the SLC snow show and as usual, Cutler's is very sharp looking.

But I've ridden with the Push guys and they are doing some good stuff.

Tough call until you see some on the snow I would guess.

sled_guy

I just read the write up on the push turbo website on there new turbo kit for the proclimb 800. Wow. 12 psi on pump gas with no programming and no intercooler. Thats very impressive. Cant wait untill some people get them out on the snow and see if the hype is real. If everything checks out I know thats the way ill be going. I guess time will tell.

some one do a push kit so they can tell us about it, my old man just bought a pro climb 8 and is thinking about turboing but hates tuning so I am trying to convince him to try the push, but cutler is proven so he is thinking that might be the way to go.

Premium Features

Back