• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Arctic Cat M1100 Turbo

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
Not trying to stur the pot or anything but I was just told by a buddy that works at a Cat Dealer that it was almost 720 pounds wet. Not sure if that's true or not but it didn't stop him from ordering one.

:doh::popcorn:.......lmao

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
so a sled that weighs 700 pounds but the weight is "positioned right" wouldnt matter when tree riding?

i think we are quite a few years a way from a turbo 4 stroke that will boondock.

i prefer my non turbo MOD nytro to a light weight XP anyday.. and almost all i do is boondock.. Ride one for a couple days and your opinion will change!!!

R
Aug 30, 2008
so a sled that weighs 700 pounds but the weight is "positioned right" wouldnt matter when tree riding?

i think we are quite a few years a way from a turbo 4 stroke that will boondock.

I have a Turbo M7, and it is light weighted and wicked fast. But I will tell you, I will take my Turbo Apex over that thing any day of the week. I was riding some tough country today. In fact, I was told that there was no way an Apex would ever ride in that country due to the tight trees and steep climbs through the trees. Well today those same individuals ate a little crow. 2 Strokes are really good, don't get me wrong, cause I love my M7. But that Apex is set up and balance very good. I really don't notice the weight.

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
I also ride a completely modded out Alpine Turbo Apex (up to 350 hp when I think I can handle it) but this sled looks like a sweet platform to build some power from.

I am curious though as to these 280+ horsepower claims with just a wastegate mod and fuel remapping. The Arctic cat brochure claims the sled runs at 13 psi of boost stock making 177 hp. That means one would have to run 20+ lbs. of boost to make the kind of numbers people are claiming.

I don't know what size turbo is on that motor but you would need someting the size of a Garrett 2871 to efficiently push those kinds of boost numbers without creating excessive heat. And judging from the pictures I've seen, the turbo doesn't look that big. Nor would it make sense for Arctic Cat to use a turbo that large at the cost of increased weight and turbo lag.

Maybe the flatlanders get away with the high boost on that little turbo but pulling 1000 vertical feet in three feet of fresh builds substantially more heat than drag racing your buddies on a lake.

Just some things to consider as I've alread burned up a 2860 from excessive heat before upgrading to a 2871.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
i prefer my non turbo MOD nytro to a light weight XP anyday.. and almost all i do is boondock.. Ride one for a couple days and your opinion will change!!!

Only thing I did not like about the nitro was the high CG in the trees my viper was much easier..02

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
We took a 10lb M8 to the demo ride with us to compare power to the stock M1100T. It didn't have the total horsepower the 2s did but we both agreed the stock M1100T was more fun to ride. Once you've had 4s torque it's hard to ignore the lack of it on a 2s. I have a TApex and he built a ZR1 EXT into a 162 so we had a good comparison baseline.

The 280hp box is not up in the hills for sure. The Boondocker box has fuel for that but the most we ever got out of it was 16lbs on the hill and the turbo was running out of air. He put a 2860 on and boost was a non issue. Drag guys have a lot of time on that motor and it has a lot of potential.

That kit on the new chassis will be fun.:loco:

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
i wonder how that 1100t will compare to my 2010 800 boondocker race turbo at 8-12 pounds. when the 1100t is in stock form and turned up form. turbo 2 stroke vs turbo 4stroke

There is a video of the new 800 racing against the new 1100 turbo. IF this was done at any elevation, then a T/800 would wax the new 1100. The stock 1100 pulls away from the stock 800 but not by as much as one would think......02

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Well considering the fact that most t-800 kits put out at least 190 even on pump and the stock 1100t is only 177 and a fair bit heavier I would think that the 4 stroke would have its hands full.

Premium Features