• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011-2012 Sicamous Snow Conditions

Blue Lake

We had a big crew to head to the backside of Blue yesterday. A honest 1 to 2 feet most everywhere we went and no other tracks! Brown Pants, 911, tried Foggy Bowl but it was, foggy! Hit the Meadows (lower part) above the cabin and there again the snow was over the hood, great day other than the fog that kinda rolled in and out all day. It started snowing pretty heavy when we left in the dark so should be more fresh stuff! Sherm

Sugar Loaf to Blue Lake

The "Three Amigos" tried out the Sugar Loaf side today, a wee bit sparse on the snow but we did manage to go anywhere we wanted. After getting up on the ridge we dropped down to 911 and gave that a pull, pretty hard snow where other sleds had been and it made it a bit lumpy for climbing but again the "hero snow" let us wander where ever. From 911 we dropped over and down to Brown Pants, no one had been here and the fresh 6-8" of snow was nice and the climb out was good and, no one had sidehilled the areas above BP so we took care of that. From BP we did the top trail back to the cabin, snow and fog setting in so we called it a day. All in all not a bad day, definitely need a good dump of snow again to get rid of the old tracks. With rain in the forecast we can only hope its 3' worth of the stuff! Sherm

Rode Eagles Pass today with blue skies and plenty of freshies to had.
Snowing as of11:00pm
Headed to Revy tomorrow and will keep you posted from the hotel.

Blue Lake

Bruce, Dan, his son Derek and myself had a fantabulous day at Blue! We covered alot of ground and tore up alot of fresh snow, more than we expected. Although 911 was still a bit sparse (1' fresh) our trip to Brown Pants made up for it, over the hood snow throughout the area! From BP Bruce got us mired in a gully for a fairly good length of time but once out we headed over to Foggy Bowl, tearing up every untouched hill we came across. Foggy Bowl was actually clear and the snow, 2' in most spots, untouched! Out of gas (machines and us!) we headed home just before dark. FYI for those that know where it is, Gord's bowl was left untouched and is deeeeeeeppppppppp!! Sherm

Queest

Spent Sunday on Queest and came out on fumes. We found lots of dry powder around the tree line and wind swept powder above. No Avy action observed but be careful! We were having too much fun to stop and take pics.

ride guide

riding in the shushwap area from the feb 6th to 12th , looking for sumone that knows the area to ride with 2-3 of us, all advanced riders

WTF, no updates is a bad sign,,, heading out in exactly 1 week, hope there's some fresh to trash. Looking forward to a road trip, with a few rum and cokes at the Anchor, them off to watch the local talent/Karaoke at Brothers, then hitting the hills in the morning,,, good times,,, Virgin powder is the bonus I am looking for ;) fingers crosses, forecast is promising,,,

Epic snow pic from Revy may years ago,,

Deep snow stuck.JPG

Last edited:
Rode Eagle Pass Thursday, Friday and Saturday with a local guide (Jason). All the main areas were badly trashed and hard as a rock. Jason found us some soft untracked snow, but by Saturday the untracked snow was starting to firm up and there was an ice crust in some areas from the rain Friday night. Still we had a great trip and what a huge riding area, wow!

Btw, that Jason took us to Eagle Pass all three days says something about the other areas not being so good - keep your fingers crossed for some fresh snow.

i am wondring the same thing. i see in town its raining. I am sure there will be snow up high? anyone know!!!!!?

Premium Features

Back