• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 M8 Push Turbo help

S
Oct 13, 2013
Alright I'm brand new to turbo's and wasn't planning on getting one but this bad boy popped up for sale and i couldn't resist. First off let me state i bought it from a dealership who got it in on trade and the salesman knew nothing about the sled. The sled itself is in good condition but i know nothing about turbos. not to make myself sound dumb but here i go: i need help telling if its a race gas or pump gas model and there's a random toggle switch on the tank shroud that i have no idea what is for. just any other knowledge on what i should check for wear and tear and just general maintenance info would be greatly appreciated. I attached some pictures so take a look and let me know what you think. Anything is helpful, Thanks guys!! :help:

M8.jpg M8.1.jpg M8.2.jpg M8.3.jpg M8.5.jpg

Reactions: w2bridin

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Do a cold air intake, take my word on this your sled will run 100x better. Also you have a Powercomander wide band so are you also using the powercomander 5 fuel controller on it? And just follow the wires for the toggle it should lead you to what youre looking for.

Last edited:

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
I bet Dakota Performance put together this sled. They built my 2010 with this same push kit. Jeff likes using the power commander and he also has an auto tune option with these. The switch is a hot start switch more than likely. It is a full race kit (you can tell by the 2 extra injectors in the charge tube.

Where are you located? ND area?

Last edited:
Reactions: mmsports

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
In case you dont already know this you can run pump or race gas through the sled, just cause its a race gas kit doesnt mean thats what you have to run, all depends on boost and elevation

S
Oct 13, 2013
Yes it came from a dealership in south dakota on a trade-in. Yes i was thinking about running pump gas mixed with a gallon of race fuel per tank just to be safe.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I would bet its a Dakota performance set up. The push kits came with a dobeck fuel controller and Dakota use the power commander instead. It does have the extra fuel injectors and an external wast gate. Looks like a good set up. I would call Dakota and talk to them about it. If you are close, I'd take it to Dakota perf. And have them do the once over.

Reactions: shemp600
Premium Features