• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 dragon 700 rmk pistons?

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I would go with OEM pistons. You have single ring pistons I believe. I like dual ring pistons which is what the 2007 Polaris 700 engines came with so that would be my preference. OEM are cast pistons. Personally I have only replaced pistons due to high mileage once ( probably unnecessarily as they looked to be in excellent condition) and I replaced them with stock pistons from Polaris. Forged pistons like Wisecos are cheaper than OEM but I like the durability of stock. Here is a link to a post by IndyDan of Indy Specialty regarding piston replacement albeit regarding the 800 motors but I think the same logic applies to any engine. IndyDan post

Last edited:
A
Mar 15, 2020
Alaska
Have you had a chance to figure out why the pto side went down? Leaking crank seal?
What I think happened was it got too hot, crank seal was good, the past owner I got it from prob didn’t properly add coolant like the first time I changed the piston, but learned after watching YouTube videos on adding coolant after engine rebuild

Premium Features