• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 600rs

Dec 23, 2008
long time reader first time poster. I have done alot of research about the RS BOG and i cant seam to fix the problem. When im in deep snow and im almost holding it wide open the sled will bog down like its not getting enough gas or its getting to much my spark plugs are perfect. My dealer said that there was a bolt i had to grind down that was vibrating my float bowl. Does anyone else have any ideas any help would be appreciated. thank you

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
You could run the 09 intake, it runs a intake above the Guage cluster.

A
Dec 13, 2007
Wasilla
long time reader first time poster. I have done alot of research about the RS BOG and i cant seam to fix the problem. When im in deep snow and im almost holding it wide open the sled will bog down like its not getting enough gas or its getting to much my spark plugs are perfect. My dealer said that there was a bolt i had to grind down that was vibrating my float bowl. Does anyone else have any ideas any help would be appreciated. thank you

If the bog only happens in deep snow, It is most likely your air intake on the left side of the hood. Even a small amount of snow on the intake screen will cause it to bog. As soon as it starts to bog, look at the intake screen and see if there is any snow on it. Best solution as mentioned is the mod airbox. It draws air from intakes in the console.

No need to grind any bolts. Just make sure your carb bowls have clearance to the bulkhead. If you loosen the intake clamps, push carb up and forward and re-tighten clamps it usually gives you plenty of clearance. It's always a good idea to put a drop or 2 of loc-tite on the clamp bolt any time you loosen them. Keeps it from backing out and causing a lean burn down.

DOOTALK Forums has a wealth of info on the 600RS and Guys like Tom White are always willing to give advice.

Dec 23, 2008
alright thanks for the help guys. i road hatchers today some deep snow down in the treeline, most of the mountains are windblown but was well worth it. Anyone know where i can get the mod airbox?

S
Apr 9, 2008
I have the same problem I cut a 2" hole on top of the airbox and ran a 2" hose between the head lights and out the top of the console. I have not rode in deep snow yet to see if it has solved the problem but everyone on dootalk says that it does. With the mod airbox you will not be able to run headlights. and the 09 airbox is around $800.

Dec 23, 2008
yeah i looked into the mod airbox, way to much money and the i need the lights. i might try your idea let me know how it works. Thank you for the help

H
Feb 8, 2008
also you can put two slp flow rights in your air box the conects to the carbs or the slp cold air intake both are fairly cheap and work well.

Premium Features