• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 800R Must Have Mods

Hey Guys-
I just picked up a used 2007 Summit X 800R with a 159" track. I was wondering, since I'm new to Skidoo's, what are the must have mods to make this sled run the best and to keep from having problems? Vents? ECM problems? Help me out with some suggestions please. By the way it already has had the clutch updates done and has a HPS can. Thanks in advance!:D

I have the same setup, 159 with clutching and hps can. I would add venting and just take out all the foam inside. I also added a fourbarr led tailight which is sweet.

And want some power but don't want to run anything but pump gas do the SLP performance package kit.

The best $$ you can spend is on a Camoplast #9941 track, the stock track is terrible in the deep, marginal in spring snow. It will make a HUGE improvement in where the sled will go.

put dielectrical grease in the ecm connector, and seal it up. and then move it under the dash, easy, and will save you big dollars, and a tow out.

While you have the dash off. on the inside of those clear plastic wings, drill holes, it vents big time outta there.

add either a 06 800 thermostat. or a 08 800R thermostat.

the 06 is cheap, under $30, but requires a machining of the head. easy!
the 08 is over $100. but no milling oh the head, but you need alot of 08 parts and lots of extra plumbing lines.

remove all foam. and the plastic clutch guard. aftermarket can, the aluminum shroud holding the ecm can be removed after its moved.

remove swaybar, tighten up springs

Floating secondary. really cheap, and will save you tonnes of $$ in belts.

Skidplate

440X nun braces. deffinatly the RH tunnel brace. I've got an extra. $30 plus shipping. installs behind can. area prone to bending!

I've got a 44/36 helix in mine and it hauls!

Move the steering post to the forward mount (ttabs mod shop from dootalk under rev mountain section) tonnes of rev mods on that thread.

Clutching; I have added the Center roller arms from Supertourqer and they really make the clutching solid.

had an 07 i agree powdlite track is bad, clutch kit good idea i dielectric greased the ECM lightweight can is a cheap sled diet but i believe everyone has overlooked the most obvious a muffpot

had an 07 i agree powdlite track is bad, clutch kit good idea i dielectric greased the ECM lightweight can is a cheap sled diet but i believe everyone has overlooked the most obvious a muffpot

Muffpot is the Best Idea yet... I think it was Dr. Evil that said "Every creature deserves a warm meal"

Muffpot and Vents

The muffpot was the first thing that I added:-) Can't beat some little smokies after a hard ride.

As for the venting, it already has two vents. One of the can side and the other on the clutch side right about where my knees will go through them. Where are the other places that people have been putting vents? Thanks!

Lots of good ideas mentioned....but the easiest, cheapest HP for this engine is raising the compression from 12.25:1 to 13.5 or 14:1. Wakes things right up. Makes clutching easier as the torque and midrange power is vastly increased.

^ Milling the stock head or an aftermarket head? If so what brand and what else do I need to makes it work?

put dielectrical grease in the ecm connector, and seal it up. and then move it under the dash, easy, and will save you big dollars, and a tow out.

Can you elaborate on this? pictures mabye? i think i know what your talking about and want to do it, justnot sure if were talking about the same thing. The ecm is the thing kinda right under the hood that can **** up if it gets wet? sorry im new to sled parts:):beer;

Can you elaborate on this? pictures mabye? i think i know what your talking about and want to do it, justnot sure if were talking about the same thing. The ecm is the thing kinda right under the hood that can **** up if it gets wet? sorry im new to sled parts:):beer;

Yeh, right under the hood. on the cross brace. I'll try and get some pictures.

unplug the cord. and fill the connector with dielectrical grease. If moisture gets in there it can erode your connectors and cost you big $! Then plug it back together, and the little rubber boot which should be around the wire, you a zip tie to hold it tight around the ecm.

unscrew your dash and lift it up a tiny bit, and unplug the tach. remove your dash. then bring the ecm behind your lights and ontop of all those wires under your dash. Its a tight fit. I put mine on the exhaust side of the dash, then used zip ties to hold it down, and secure it to the steering post collar, and the frame.

while your dooing this. take your dash assy. and remove those clear wings. and on the inside rill some holes. hot air will vent from these bigtime.

then you can drill out those rivets and remove that big large braket that held your ecm.

100_0899.jpg 100_0901.jpg 100_0921.jpg

Yeh, right under the hood. on the cross brace. I'll try and get some pictures.

unplug the cord. and fill the connector with dielectrical grease. If moisture gets in there it can erode your connectors and cost you big $! Then plug it back together, and the little rubber boot which should be around the wire, you a zip tie to hold it tight around the ecm.

unscrew your dash and lift it up a tiny bit, and unplug the tach. remove your dash. then bring the ecm behind your lights and ontop of all those wires under your dash. Its a tight fit. I put mine on the exhaust side of the dash, then used zip ties to hold it down, and secure it to the steering post collar, and the frame.

while your dooing this. take your dash assy. and remove those clear wings. and on the inside rill some holes. hot air will vent from these bigtime.

then you can drill out those rivets and remove that big large braket that held your ecm.

awesome man thanks!!

i should charge for this info but i wont..

im 180lb well over 200 with all my gear. they call them revs for a reason, they like to be reved.start by making sure your clutches are alined,and the **** bushing in your primary is still good or get the update, then put in 2 sizes steeper ramps and bigger rollers into your primary....nothing will touch you... call me carzzy but ive been reving a 8600-8900 rpm for 2 seasons now,with everything stock and wow... im coming off a m7 with about $10,000 into the motor and a 50hp shot of nos and my 07 rev 151 is WAY faster. your welcome!

Premium Features

Back