• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 rev 800 rpm problems, weak spring?

W
Jan 14, 2011
My sled will hit 8200rpms and has all the power in the world so I wouldn't think the top end was bad. I'm running the recomended spark plugs, checked the rave's "clean", and checked those hoses on the carbs people were talking about.

If I am on a hard packed trail at a dead stop and I pin it from 0-however fast my sled goes, everything seems normal.

If I'm doin about 25mph 1/4 throttle with the rpms around 4500 and then pin it my rpms only hit 7000 tops.

If I am in deap snow I pin it, rpms go up to 8200 rpm then slowly dies down.

I'm thinking my spring is week or my clutch is sticking. If sleds had gears this would be like climbing a hill in 4th, shifting to 5th, but then it won't go back to 4th. Easiest way for me to explain it.

P.S. Are there clutch kits out there or do you have to buy each and ever tiny part individually?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
My sled will hit 8200rpms and has all the power in the world so I wouldn't think the top end was bad. I'm running the recomended spark plugs, checked the rave's "clean", and checked those hoses on the carbs people were talking about.

If I am on a hard packed trail at a dead stop and I pin it from 0-however fast my sled goes, everything seems normal.

If I'm doin about 25mph 1/4 throttle with the rpms around 4500 and then pin it my rpms only hit 7000 tops.

If I am in deap snow I pin it, rpms go up to 8200 rpm then slowly dies down.

I'm thinking my spring is week or my clutch is sticking. If sleds had gears this would be like climbing a hill in 4th, shifting to 5th, but then it won't go back to 4th. Easiest way for me to explain it.

P.S. Are there clutch kits out there or do you have to buy each and ever tiny part individually?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

springs do take a set, they are typically softer and 1/2 shorter after a season.good place to start.only 30 bucks and inspect all other components while your in there.shoes should be replaced as well with over 1000 miles.Different belts /compounds will cause issues as well.

Premium Features