• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 Up Seat for M8?

S
Nov 28, 2007
Vail CO
Ok, I know this goes against everything I try to do with my personal sled, but I need to get a longer seat for an M8. I am trying to outfit this M8 for Mountain Rescue. We need to be able to ride 2 up with a crap load of gear to shuttle members to the scene.

Has anyone seen a 2 up seat for an 2008 M8? Also, I am thinking of beefing up the rear suspension as well. What would be needed for that?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Sludge

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
dont do it get a bear cat

seriously a better choice...having just taken an M8 down to nothing...there's not much strength and if normal to light riding causes some major chassis failures putting 5-700#'s of gear and people on it wont help the cause.

My neighbor's got a t660 turbo he runs two up on and tows his yamaha rhino with to his camp a couple times a year in fairly deep pow, need something like that...just not that sled cause those t660's weigh more than an RX 1ton and they tend to bury themselves

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
There is a company that makes a 2 up seat extender for your stock seat, I'll try and find it, my buddy did it to is sled so his 10 year old daughter could trail ride with him on family trips!

S
Nov 28, 2007
Vail CO
This sled was donated to us, so we would like to make it work. We just don't have money in our budget to purchase anything else, so we are going to try to make this work for now.

I believe we can put stiffer springs on the rear and beef it up a little bit for the riders. We do have an orion trailer to haul gear in so there would probably not be that much gear on the sled itself.

Sludge

J
Jan 15, 2010
Ok, I know this goes against everything I try to do with my personal sled, but I need to get a longer seat for an M8. I am trying to outfit this M8 for Mountain Rescue. We need to be able to ride 2 up with a crap load of gear to shuttle members to the scene.

Has anyone seen a 2 up seat for an 2008 M8? Also, I am thinking of beefing up the rear suspension as well. What would be needed for that?

Sludge

I do a lot of multi day climbing/ski missions with an M-sled and a 2 up seat isnt the answer, puts the weight too far back to to anything. To haul a lot of gear a long ways thru rough terrain remove the seat, fill a duffel bag or pack shaped similar to the seat with all your gear and strap it down where the seat goes. If you have to take 2 riders thru any kind of technical terrain, 1 guy stands on each running board, one guy is throttle, one guy is brake (referred to by you yanks as "Canadian" style, we call it Tandem.) If you are on a road for a long way another option is to have one guy sit as far forward as possible and hold the steering column, driver stands behind and holds the handle bars.

If you put on a 2 up seat and strap a bunch of gear to the back of the tunnel the skis wont be on the ground.

Reactions: POWDR
B
Jan 13, 2013
longer seat for m8

I have a long seat that would work for a two up, it came off my m1000 it should fit fine if your interested for a fair price

Premium Features