• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 Storms 29 nov thru 4 dec

5980' in Truckee. Woke up to snow yesterday morning on the ground, yesterdays rain washed almost all of it away and it's raining now.

So much for all those predictions. Unfortunately, we are in the same forecasting pattern as last year. One week out, it's going to be the mother of all storms measured in feet. Then it's six inches. Then the day comes and we get rain or drizzle.

Aaaagggghhhh! :(

it seems these days that i am hoping the predictions are wrong more often then right. it seems that when they predict a dusting we get Feet and when they predict feet we get a dusting. considering it we set a record in Reno at 73 i was not expecting much

Last edited:
Looking at the forecasts Mammoth will be in the 20's and teens the next storm Tues - Thurs 2*-4th and Tahoe area 30's and 40's ....

Mammoth predicting 2-3 feet at 9000 feet of very heavy snow.

and yep a week ago predictions were that much in town (7-8k) with double at the lodge ... predicting not gonna happen.

Los Angeles is predicted to get a dumping of rain 1-4 inches in 24 hours starting Tuesday.

I just tuned up a couple sleds today when it started to rain but now I am just praying !

Snow levels 7000 to 8500 feet DEPENDING on what part of the storm hits your area so say several forecasters

Heaviest downpour / snowfall will be the coldest Tuesday night 2-3 DEC

THIS IS A SOUTHERN APROACHING STORM which tend to BE WARM

Last edited:
Took our dogs (Vizsla's) up to Mt Rose Meadows yesterday and came across 8-10 inches of snow. They had a fantastic run and while disappointed to see minimal snow, at least it was a start. I am guessing at this point snow levels up and down and predications all over the map, please just let the moisture coming either rain or snow, just for basic survival in Nevada and CA. Thinking that as much as we all love to ride, just basic water coming out of the sky will help us all.

Ok enough with the politically correct BS. Please bring some F)/!ng SNOW!!!

comments mammoth weather.com Monday 2 dec

Snow levels could vary between 8500 and 7000 for this storm. The thinking this morning is that during the heaviest portion of the storm, the snow level will be around 8K. So for a period of time, it will be pretty sloppy in town, Tuesday afternoon into the night.

In simple terms….if you have 2 inches of water possible and the snow level is at 8000 feet, you could get 2 to 4 inches of sloppy wet snow on the ground at 7500 to 8K. However, the snow level will fluctuate between 7K and 8500…..So it will be problematic for forecasting for the Snow Pushers.

If by chance the iso layer goes down all the way down to 7K, will end up with 2 feet in town. That is not impossible, but unlikely. So 6 to 12 inches still seems reasonable. If we get more…great! As far as the upper elevations go…..2 to 3 feet will set us up for the Christmas holidays……Remember, this is dense heavy base building snow. It is absolutely the best type of snow that we could want. It becomes more difficult to ski it out! So…. Go ahead and book it for the holiday…you will not be disappointed…. And……The Dweebs see another series of storms about mid DEC month. That will be the icing on the cake!
- See more at: http://mammothweather.com/#sthash.U9u6luTJ.dpuf

I got a little ride in yesterday hwy 108. 14" was good enough for a road ride. The conditions were nearly white out and difficult for visibility. 7200 ele.

What side did you ride from East or West
if the West side are any of the gates locked ?
Can you ride from the gate ?

Two storms off coast of California.

Stronger San Diego is warm ... Eureka area storm is colder.

Coming onto land today.

How they mix will create snow levels.

Several inches of H2O .... Mammoth thinks levels will be 8500 + and a slushfest at 7000 feet.

NEXT storm 12 Dec

Premium Features

Back