• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 Storms 29 nov thru 4 dec

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
  1. Several computer models are predicting two storms Thanksgiving weekend and first couple days of December

Let me declare last year computer models predicted storms every 10 days but dumps over the ocean more than land.

ALEDGEDLY THIS YEARS COMPUTER MODELS HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED TO INCORPORATE LAST YEARS SHORTCOMING

This most recent storm although dumped for Oregon Washington and inland thru UT ID MT CO NV would have done much more if a low pressure system south of AK over the ocean sent it further north

So the first warm storm 29-30 NOV is the smaller of the two.
Foot in Mammoth , 1/2 foot Tulare , for Donner foot

Second colder storm 2-4 DEC Mammoth weather stating POTENTIAL for 4 feet Mammoth & Truckee more

Again lets see what happens in the approachng days

Reactions: Blazer and Hbmtr
S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
Going to start over this year with Don's weather forecast as the past couple years and his forecast postings only seemed to bring bad luck, so Don I have turned a new leaf and I am really hoping the hex you have on the weather reporting this year can make it happen, man we NEED the snow really bad, so do what you can and please make it happen. :noidea:

Reactions: donbrown

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Going to start over this year with Don's weather forecast as the past couple years and his forecast postings only seemed to bring bad luck, so Don I have turned a new leaf and I am really hoping the hex you have on the weather reporting this year can make it happen, man we NEED the snow really bad, so do what you can and please make it happen. :noidea:

They are riding in Idaho and MT WA OR WI MI !!

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Los Angeles stating 2-4 inches H20 starting 29-30 NOV thru 2 DEC WITH ANOTHER WEAKENING STORM BEHIND ! A foot of snow expected above 6k

Mammoth declaring 2-4 feet in town starting 29-30 NOV thru 2 DEC WITH ANOTHER WEAKENING STORM BEHIND !

TAHOE / TRUCKEE AREA to get ALOT right now predicting 7 plus inches H20 29 NOV thru 2 DEC with a ANOTHER WEAKENING STORM BEHIND !

Elko maybe a foot of snow.

Upper Idaho same time period 5 inches H2O , Yellowstone 3.5 inches H2O WA 1/2 state western 8 inches OR 2-6 Flagstaff a foot.​

remember a week a ago second storm was suppose to be larger than the first storm .... This is changing.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
p168i.gif

p168i.gif

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
Hey Don,

Just checked NOAA for perazzo and Lola. They aren't as optimistic as you are, so...............I VOTE FOR YOU!!!

Go Don Go

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
of course, soon as i get an MRI we get snow in the forecast. Sounds like a good start too!! hoping to be out there soon, doc is leaning towards physical therapy. getting results the 4th...

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Hey Don,

Just checked NOAA for perazzo and Lola. They aren't as optimistic as you are, so...............I VOTE FOR YOU!!!

Go Don Go

Look at the forecast map above Nevada not getting much But CAlifornia gonna get some

Los Angeles area forecast is 1-3 inches rain by Wednesday 4th

Mammoth was saying two major storms now one still makng 2-3 feet or more
storm is a little warmer than before so elevation is higher by 4 DEC

Map below shows more

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
of course, soon as i get an MRI we get snow in the forecast. Sounds like a good start too!! hoping to be out there soon, doc is leaning towards physical therapy. getting results the 4th...

What is the deal? I've got some personal experience with injuries.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
pretty much par for the course the last 3 years. talk of decent storms, then as they approach they either fall apart, mis ca, or have very high snow levels. sounds like at the most 6” for the highest elevations of the tahoe area.:face-icon-small-dis

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
pretty much par for the course the last 3 years. talk of decent storms, then as they approach they either fall apart, mis ca, or have very high snow levels. sounds like at the most 6” for the highest elevations of the tahoe area.:face-icon-small-dis

I completely agree how last year was so unpredictable.

All I want is a nice riding season ... which involves a good base so I don't keep buying A-Arms and some nice powder so to keep the carbides sharp !

I find it amazing the NOAA weather service still saying 7 inches H2O for Tahoe by 5 Dec but only 6 inches of snow?

I know it about temperature ... so what elevation does snow start?

Local forecast show temp in truckee 30-50 during storms

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I am reading snow level 7500 to 8500 feet

Several forecasters saying 2-3 feet or more over entire Sierra range from 3-9 inches of H2O

North of Mammoth .... 29th tru 5th
Mammoth South 2nd thru 4th

Gonna be some pretty heavy snow !

Premium Features