• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 vs 3 inch track- feed back

Last year, I snowchecked at 2.6" to get the quick drive and sold it to upgrade to a 3.2".

I have nothing against the 2.6. Some of my best have 2.6s. Lol.

But going with the 3.2 was a GREAT MOVE!!!

The AXYS chassis doesn’t have enough tunnel/bulkhead clearance to effectively utilize a 3.2” track. The clearance issue is very parasitic. Most users I have talked to are having clutching and belt issues. The track balloons under power.
The AXYS has barely enough clearance to utilize a 3”. The track must be ran on the tight side or it scrubs the tunnel and bulkhead under load.
We have been cutting down the X3” for a few years now. Trimming them to 2.7-2.8”. This has been one of the best mods you can do. You’ll witness tunnel/bulkhead clearance, better snow evacuation, and definitely climbs better. A turbo AXYS sled benefits more than a NA sled from the trimmed track.
Tracks USA just saved us over $300 a track with the X2.7 over the X3 offering. Ordered 2 more this week.

The AXYS chassis doesn’t have enough tunnel/bulkhead clearance to effectively utilize a 3.2” track. The clearance issue is very parasitic. Most users I have talked to are having clutching and belt issues. The track balloons under power.
The AXYS has barely enough clearance to utilize a 3”. The track must be ran on the tight side or it scrubs the tunnel and bulkhead under load.
We have been cutting down the X3” for a few years now. Trimming them to 2.7-2.8”. This has been one of the best mods you can do. You’ll witness tunnel/bulkhead clearance, better snow evacuation, and definitely climbs better. A turbo AXYS sled benefits more than a NA sled from the trimmed track.
Tracks USA just saved us over $300 a track with the X2.7 over the X3 offering. Ordered 2 more this week.
Is the 2.7 actually an X3 that has physically been trimmed?

They are cheap. Probably gonna try one.

Yes they are.
TracksUSA sold out of them in less than a week and just got a few more in stock.

In other words we pay way too much for tracks if they can charge $600 for a $900 track plus the labor to trim it. LOL, oh well atleast its a cheaper option

Never seen or run a camso 2.7, but it’s hard to beat the Polaris 2.6 track

I would worry that cutting it down would make it stiffer...which is usually no-no for powder. Not an issue?

So I ordered a Khaos and stretching to 163
What would be the best option for cost and performance Wy snow no spring riding.
2.5 challenger X, no driver change. $650
2.7 changer X will need driver change. $600 +$260 $860
2.6 Po track $1150 ish
2.8 epic. $950ish drivers $260. $1210.

Thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: TRS
I'm stretching my 155 Pro as well. Don't forget the cost of the rails. I figured it was going to be around 1700 for Ice Age rails powder coated to match the sled and a new 163 2.6. Hopefully I can sell the 155 rails and track to recover a bit of the cost.

So I ordered a Khaos and stretching to 163

What would be the best option for cost and performance Wy snow no spring riding.

2.5 challenger X, no driver change. $650

2.7 changer X will need driver change. $600 +$260 $860

2.6 Po track $1150 ish

2.8 epic. $950ish drivers $260. $1210.

Thoughts?
9104m saw tooth. The 5.9 Cummins of the track world.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

picture.php

Anyone know why the 2.7 challenger is $300 cheaper than the 3” on the tracks USA website? Isn’t the 2.7” just a cut down 3”?

Premium Features

Back