• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 rmk holding high rpms

2016 RMK 800 with 2270 miles on it, slp stage 2 kit (pipe, can, clutch) installed in 2017. Sled has run great all season, fired it up yesterday and it idled fine, but whenever I touch the throttle rpms won't come back down. Blip the throttle on a jack stand and it will hold 4500 rpms spinning the track

Adjusted tps this morning, wasn't far off, started at .714 base. Got it dialed in at .703 base and .942 idle. Put it back together and she fired up second pull idling perfect. Touch the throttle and same thing as yesterday. Holding nearly 4500 rpm.

Each time I shut it off it fires back up at perfect idle 1700-1800. Touch throttle and won't come back down. Its been in my shop at 70 degrees for a week so I know its not ice on anything. Throttle cable feels fine

Thoughts?

2016 RMK 800 with 2270 miles on it, slp stage 2 kit (pipe, can, clutch) installed in 2017. Sled has run great all season, fired it up yesterday and it idled fine, but whenever I touch the throttle rpms won't come back down. Blip the throttle on a jack stand and it will hold 4500 rpms spinning the track

Adjusted tps this morning, wasn't far off, started at .714 base. Got it dialed in at .703 base and .942 idle. Put it back together and she fired up second pull idling perfect. Touch the throttle and same thing as yesterday. Holding nearly 4500 rpm.

Each time I shut it off it fires back up at perfect idle 1700-1800. Touch throttle and won't come back down. Its been in my shop at 70 degrees for a week so I know its not ice on anything. Throttle cable feels fine

Thoughts?

Broken ground wire to TPS.

Premium Features

Back