• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

159" rails?

Hey everyone I'm new to the site. A friend ("Handsome") suggested I post. I'm trying to put a 162" track on a '04 polaris 144" switchback. Just wondering if anyone has a used set of rails that could make this happen.

Thanks

Piece of cake with 159 rails. I am in the middle of putting a 162 camo extreme under my edge rmk right now. I had already set back the skid 1 1/2" in the tunnel for running the anti-rachet drivers on the stock set up. Soooo, 159+ 1 1/2 set back makes a 162 a perfect match.

I have a set of 159 rails I dont need They have been braced and are drilled for a holtz coilover kit I will have to look at them close to see if they are good or not. where are you located?

John 800;
I live in Dawson creek BC canada. I also thought of putting 7.5" rail extentions on and then maybe a big wheel kit. However Do I need a offset axel? Also if your rails are ok how do I pay? I have a pay pal account.

Ultra rider;
When you moved back your skid how did the weight transfer change in riding? Did by chance you drop the holes down? I'm leaving the stock drivers on for now since the pitch is right. Later I want to try and build a new tunnel since my shop has a press brake and hand plasma cutter. Really trying to keep the cost down....wife thinks this is all a waste of money. Any other advice for my sled?

I put 162 inch track on my edge. The way I did it was I bought 163 dragon rails, put my suspension in them and put the rails right in my tunnel. Works perfect!

Ultra rider;
When you moved back your skid how did the weight transfer change in riding? Did by chance you drop the holes down? I'm leaving the stock drivers on for now since the pitch is right. Later I want to try and build a new tunnel since my shop has a press brake and hand plasma cutter. Really trying to keep the cost down....wife thinks this is all a waste of money. Any other advice for my sled?

I originally move my skid back 1 1/2" because I put anti rachet drivers on with my stock 159" track. I rode it two years like that and didn't really notice much of a difference in the way it handled. The rear mounts were mounts just straight back form stock. The fronts, I dropped down about 1/2". Worked out great. I just got done putting the 162 2 1/2" camo extreme in a 3.0 pitch with 7 tooth drivers under mine last night using the same mounting location and worked out just as I thought. It fits great. I have not ridden yet, but the track and skid are in place and will be no problem.

Would you mind finding out shipping though purolator? Also what kinda money are we looking at for your "sweet" rails? I had a projector shipped from somewhere in the lower 48 states. It cost around $100 but they shipped as a gift.
Does or is there a way to bus them? I'll try and find out on my end if there is a switch over route by bus.
By the way I appreciate the quick responses. I'm still new to the sport but the guys I ride with have all the new toys done out. I kinda want to show them what a good sled can do.
If this turns out possible I will take pictures of the new improved switchback.

Thanks tinman

I originally move my skid back 1 1/2" because I put anti rachet drivers on with my stock 159" track. I rode it two years like that and didn't really notice much of a difference in the way it handled. The rear mounts were mounts just straight back form stock. The fronts, I dropped down about 1/2". Worked out great. I just got done putting the 162 2 1/2" camo extreme in a 3.0 pitch with 7 tooth drivers under mine last night using the same mounting location and worked out just as I thought. It fits great. I have not ridden yet, but the track and skid are in place and will be no problem.

I'm trying to purchase John800's rails and I will take your advice for my sled.
Thanks Tinman

Premium Features

Back