• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

154 vs 163

C

crestview

I know on the xp's that the 154 seemed to side hill and pull over easier. Also turning was considerably easier. What's the verdict on the xm? Im trying to decide between a 154 and 163. I enjoy tree riding, boondocking?

I went with the 163 and am very happy with my dicision. IMO it really depends on what the snow is like where you ride the most, I ride mostly in Golden B.C. and Revelstoke, luckily we get quite a bit of fairly light fluffy powder. I like to ride in the trees and am not good enough to go too fast so I find that the extra track allows me to go a bit slower without getting stuck. It is a fairly subtle difference, I am also 215 Lbs, so need to spread the load over a bigger area. If I lived in a costal area where the snow was heavier and I was lighter a 154 would probably be the ticket, hope this helps.

I had a 162 15 wide Cat before, and I feel my 154 hooks up better than it did. I like having a slightly shorter sled, feels like it turns easier. I don't think you can go wrong either way though. I ride Revelstoke.

I originally ordered a 154X XM, cancelled and went to a 163X XM. The 163 handles fantastic as they are such an easy sled to ride in comparison to my 2012 XP 163. A buddy ordered the 154 XM and he goes everywhere I go. The 154 is geared higher and has more track speed than the 163 so it may even work better in certain snow conditions. If I had to do it all over again, I would have probably gone with a 154......the ONLY reason is for jumping as I feel the shorter skid is easier to whip.

Either way you cannot go wrong just depends on your riding style. LOVE LOVE LOVE my XM!

Honestly, the difference is only one row of paddles, about 4 inches at most and I can hardly tell any difference between a 154 and 163 in most conditions. Think the only advantage is for a heavier rider ie: +200lbs.

Both work really well.

Premium Features

Back