• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

11- 12 DEC THURS - FRI STORM "forecast"

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Well so far the predictions on the wind in front of this storm is correct. It blowing like a mother in Reno right now. it is drizzling right now and the wind is just howling. my weather rock is swaying big time. The comic relief for this morning was earlier someone was out using a leaf blower.... seriously !!!!!!!:face-icon-small-ton

Reactions: donbrown

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Passes around Lake Tahoe reporting gusts over 140MPH !

FWIW NOAA modal says 4 more inches H2O ... which maY BE SNOW FROM Susanville TO WHITNEY !

NOAA MODEL SAYS 4 MORE INCHES H2O 14-19 Dec which may be snow !

snow levels to 4500 feet with accumulation starting at 6000 feet

Last edited:
H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
Im with Kylant at this point.We are at 6700 ft on the north shore of Tahoe,rain,rain bs!.All the hype and models say this and that,schools closing blah blah.
the worst storm to hit CA in 5 years what ever.Society has gotten hooked on drama and media hype such b.s.

I am ranting but i am just frustrated.:noidea:

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
Here in Incline we got a few rain showers so far that's it. NOAA's afternoon forecast was 6-8" in town. What gives? I'm losing hope in a freak second wave. I'll wait until 2 moro to curse the forecast.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
as of 6am south lake tahoe, elevation at my house 6500ft, we have essentially nothing... a slight coating of snow. lame :face-icon-small-sad

on the west side of the sierras, i guess they have been getting dumped on...a foot or more

Reactions: donbrown

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
as of 6am south lake tahoe, elevation at my house 6500ft, we have essentially nothing... a slight coating of snow. lame :face-icon-small-sad

on the west side of the sierras, i guess they have been getting dumped on...a foot or more

Read the lake had 8 foot swells and winds nearby were gusting over 120 MPH.

We received over 3 inches of rain way down here in Ventura County

Storm is still here and the cold front is moving in or already done so in some areas. Suppose to snow today and tonight above 5000 feet.

14-17 Dec Mon-WED storm suppose to bring snow to lake level 1-3 inches a day.

Last edited:

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership

Prosser Staging Area, Truckee, 5900' all rain and a light coating of snow early this morning. FML

All the predictions, all the hype, all the same-- dismal.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Prosser Staging Area, Truckee, 5900' all rain and a light coating of snow early this morning. FML

All the predictions, all the hype, all the same-- dismal.

pretty much.

the snow never really pushed over into the basin, just stayed west and slid down.

donner summit got about 16” and kirkwood was reporting 13” this am

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
bear valley

bvrelivecam.jpg

Premium Features