• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1000cc Rotax Twin In XP Chassis??

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Damn, I got the engine picked out and for cheap, but I have to wait so I can give demo rides for the actual turbo kit I'm trying to sell. Maybe if I just bring along someone who has the 800 turbo kit for demos and then I can do the 1000 turbo set up. Hummm??? What to do, what to do?

I think I know;);).

Dave

G
Apr 23, 2008
SEXXXXYYYY !!!!

I see that getting huge air at the top of a nice ridge..fly light grasshopper !:D

You guys in the snow country have rekindled a time in my life that was pretty surreal.

Its fun, and mentally challenging to engineer these and watch you guys keep the turbo two stroke a reality.. I thank you all for allowing me in,, it'll be fun guys, I promise you the 1000 is a winner winner chicken dinner when you get the reeds , and rod bearings wet...

The sdi has a very narrow crank angle window to get fuel into the combustion chamber, this location also cause the seizeing at the injector points as the poor quality of the fuel blends at the pumps washes the lube off the piston..

going with throttle body injectors is the correct way to inject it if your preference is toward that ..

Gus

p/s I will have a sled at hastings michigan running outlaw trail, 2003 rev 800, cpi modifed kit, my induction and other goodies..It was run on ice and at the schuss mountain hilldrags,, rookie to big boost ran it at 22 psi all thru the month of feb and march.. not even a broken reed.

should run 4.3's , I ll be tuning with him at the end of the month..I don't predict a win,, But best DOO TURBO IN SHOW should be good to start.

I am building his new 1000 ice outlaw promod turbo now. DOO !!!!going to use a crankshop tube front chassis.

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
SEXXXXYYYY !!!!

I see that getting huge air at the top of a nice ridge..fly light grasshopper !:D

You guys in the snow country have rekindled a time in my life that was pretty surreal.

Its fun, and mentally challenging to engineer these and watch you guys keep the turbo two stroke a reality.. I thank you all for allowing me in,, it'll be fun guys, I promise you the 1000 is a winner winner chicken dinner when you get the reeds , and rod bearings wet...

The sdi has a very narrow crank angle window to get fuel into the combustion chamber, this location also cause the seizeing at the injector points as the poor quality of the fuel blends at the pumps washes the lube off the piston..

going with throttle body injectors is the correct way to inject it if your preference is toward that ..

Gus

p/s I will have a sled at hastings michigan running outlaw trail, 2003 rev 800, cpi modifed kit, my induction and other goodies..It was run on ice and at the schuss mountain hilldrags,, rookie to big boost ran it at 22 psi all thru the month of feb and march.. not even a broken reed.

should run 4.3's , I ll be tuning with him at the end of the month..I don't predict a win,, But best DOO TURBO IN SHOW should be good to start.

I am building his new 1000 ice outlaw promod turbo now. DOO !!!!going to use a crankshop tube front chassis.

Gus, what did you do with the E-rave's?? I would think the stock ECM strategy of E-rave timing on the 1000 SDI would be disruptive in boost applications.

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Gus,

We are the one's who should be thanking you. I for one no doubt. The knowledge you have and are willing and excited to give out is very inspiring. Kind of funny how you found out years ago what we are learning now. Good thing you can remember all of it.

Thank you Gus.

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx

SEXXXXYYYY !!!!

Gus

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, the 1000 is a great motor, just no nothing on the reeds and bottom ends and they just wouldnt last that long...

if i had heard about this thread 3-4 months ago... man, i would still have a 1000, but with carbs, and BOOST!

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Gus,

We are the one's who should be thanking you. I for one no doubt. The knowledge you have and are willing and excited to give out is very inspiring. Kind of funny how you found out years ago what we are learning now. Good thing you can remember all of it.

Thank you Gus.

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx

Agreed!! Thanks man!!

How bout coming on out here and riding one of my sleds at the Big Iron??!! If I build you a thousand turbo?? LOL seriously though, keep it in mind...

So, just so everyone knows I am on the look for a 1000 motor. Dave, I happened to aquire another xp roller so I think it should happen! Get to dreamin up the turbo setup!!

Jake

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Oh I have already got that figured out. When I was designing the 800R turbo kit some little voice in my head kept telling me what to change when going to a bigger engine. Not completely different, but enough. I will get rid of the oil injection tank for the 3'' charge tube and use a larger turbo. I have it all worked out---kind of. I might ship you the engine for the empty chassis you have until I buy another one.

I will have to obligate myself to demoing the 800R turbo kits for the XP this winter. If my partner gets his done then that would change things for me;).

Dave

Agreed!! Thanks man!!

How bout coming on out here and riding one of my sleds at the Big Iron??!! If I build you a thousand turbo?? LOL seriously though, keep it in mind...

So, just so everyone knows I am on the look for a 1000 motor. Dave, I happened to aquire another xp roller so I think it should happen! Get to dreamin up the turbo setup!!

Jake

G
Apr 23, 2008
I"M coming man !!!!!:D build it and I will come !!!:beer;

the 995 will give us an ''on par'' sled to compete with the big CATS..:cool::clock::clock::clock:

As I proceed with Honk Kong Phooey 2 ( the 995 ). I will put up pics on this site, on seperate turbo 1000 twin thread. I am almost done with the cylinders but MX has me to busy to get back to finish them up.. I am off racing next week so I will try to get them finished and pics up.

Gus

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Sweet deal man!! I will try to make this one happen!!

Now I have a bunch more questions about this crap LOL

Dave, I will give you a call tomorrow to discuss strategy...Im off to prep an mx track today

Jake

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Got the engine deal complete and now the hard part, waiting:(. Anyone who can get their hands on the 1000 twin and wants it in the XP chassis with boost, come talk to us. We wont offer it as an option due the availability of the 1000 Rotax twin, but if you have one, we plan on building XP-T 1000cc kits. As Gus has stated on this post, the HP will be deep into 300+HP:eek::eek:!!

Dave Halverson
R&D Custom Turbo Werx

Premium Features