• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1000cc Rotax Twin In XP Chassis??

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I'm looking at a different project and I am wanting to install the Rotax 1000 twin into the XP chassis. Anyone ever seen or heard anyone try this conversion? If I can get it in there it will no doubt be boosted to add to the fun factor:eek:. There's going to be a lot of turboed XP's on the snow this season so I need to be different;).

Dave

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
have fun man, i have seen pictures of one that somebody tried to put in.

if you need a wiring harness for one, i got almost 90% of it

the torque of the 1000 would be a blast. those motors just like to self destruct to much to really think that boosting would be wise. either way, the power of the 1000 in such a light chassis would rip pretty hard just as is!

is it gus that has a carbed conversion? if so that would be the way to go, the electronics on them are stupid, the wiring harness looks like it came out of a car. it has WAY to much crap to go wrong IMO. the motor is stout, the system supporting it is iffy at best.

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Oh there ya go again Dave, trying to slip another one by me;) Im pretty sure that one could be made to fit. Can you get a reed boot made for that motor that is shaped like the XP boot?? Or will an XP reed fit?? If it would work, switch to the setup Gus uses for carbs and a 30 series...what a bad boy for sure!!

Im still hoping to see a boost specific big bore for the 800r though:eek::eek:

One of those 550 horse setups Bohne was talkin bout sure would be fun in the mountains though!!!!

Jake

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
It will have carbs for sure to eliminate the issues they have in stock form due to the DI. I need to get my hands on one and start looking it over. I have found one for sale and am thinking about it, but I want a clean install. Something that looks like it came that way ;). Except for the turbo of course.

Dave

G
Apr 23, 2008
Dave, there is a nice guy in quebec who has one WITH grafics done too.

search youtube for xp1000 and you should find the video ..
superclean install, single pipe fits like a glove too.

Oh the tangled web we weave .......>>>>>> LOL:D:D:D

You will be singing the TWIST when the left ski is 3 feet higher than the right..:eek:

Gus

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
You will be singing the TWIST when the left ski is 3 feet higher than the right..:eek:

Gus

yeah, the stock 1000 in a RT chassis runs a little crooked, left ski defintaly likes the air more... in an xp chassis with boost... !!!! wow. that scares me to think about it. i bet with carbs you would be golden. the reed boots would be my only worry, but could be got around!

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
No luck finding the video on Youtube. Maybe some one else can have better luck.

As far as the twist goes, I'll get me a fat girl for a passanger and make her ride on the left ski:D. See, problem solved;). She will probably eat all my samiches though:D!!

Dave

Dave, there is a nice guy in quebec who has one WITH grafics done too.

search youtube for xp1000 and you should find the video ..
superclean install, single pipe fits like a glove too.

Oh the tangled web we weave .......>>>>>> LOL:D:D:D

Gus

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN

Should surely work. Pretty easy to get rid of the efi and get the carbs set up. I saw a picture of one someplace, don't remember if it was here or dootalk. I can't find the video either. Would be even very interesting without the turbo.

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I find

Found these on dootalk don't know whose it is. Mounts look very stock and looks like they may be using the stock airbox and stuff yet.

post-29908-1240457767.jpg

post-6317-1199550709.jpg

post-6317-1199550870.jpg

Last edited:
T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Damn, thats as slick as slick can be! Mount up some carburators and a turbo and that would be one bad little hotrod. Did they build a different boss on the motor to make the stock mounts work?

Gus, how do outputs compare between the 800r setup for boost and the 995 setup for boost? Running avgas say?

Jake

G
Apr 23, 2008
Jake, the 995 with 42mm taper bored TMX OEM DOO SNOWCROSS carbs, makes a solid 185 hp STOCK.

Its as easy as it can get to make a durable 370 hp combo at under 18 psi boost.

I've picked up 3 engines for under 700 each in the past few months,, cheap power huh,,,??

kinda like finding a basement full of CRATE L-88's with shiny chrome valve covers just waiting to be slid into a nice bracket car..LOL

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Turbo583 thanks for the link and pictures. Do you have the user name from Doo-Talk for the pictures?

Dave

Dave,

One of the guys on dootalk's user name is MXZ1000XRS. I don't think it is his sled. He had the picture of the 800 sitting next to the 1000. I am assumming he did the swap too. It is hard to find alot of info on it on dootalk. The search is worse than snowest. This looks like a pretty sweet project. Maybe someone should build a conversion kit and sell it much like bondi did for the triple in the rev.

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Jake, the 995 with 42mm taper bored TMX OEM DOO SNOWCROSS carbs, makes a solid 185 hp STOCK.

Its as easy as it can get to make a durable 370 hp combo at under 18 psi boost.

I've picked up 3 engines for under 700 each in the past few months,, cheap power huh,,,??

kinda like finding a basement full of CRATE L-88's with shiny chrome valve covers just waiting to be slid into a nice bracket car..LOL

Dang, that sounds like the setup for big mountain riding...and ya, that is some rediculously cheap power!

Maybe a full mod is in my future...

From the pictures it looks like the 1000 is a brick of a motor. Im assuming it withstands boost quite a bit better than a 800 big bored would?

Jake

Premium Features