• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m8 boondocker pg need help!!!!!!! Won't run

As post says sled wont run at any kind of load. 1/4 throttle seems to be fine but even at that position when it has a load put on it going up a slight hill it will die. If you put it to the bar it will run full power for about 10 feet then shut itself down like you hit the kill switch, keeping throttle pinned it will pick up and die then pick up and die. I had a code 21 but has since gone away. Also had a code 07 GPS sensor but only flashed once on cold start but never seen again. I have a code 17 for pipe sensor all the time and I know it's bad but sled has always ran without it every other time I've cooked the sensor. I have checked the following;

Boost still building 8lbs when sled is shutting down
Replaced spark plugs and gapped to .018"
Replaced all 4 plug wires and boots as they had wear marks
Tore sled down and checked reeds they're excellent
Compressin is perfect engine is only 1100 miles old
Back probed ECM harness to reed tips voltage .35v idle to 3.75v wot just like spec with no dropouts or glitches
Knock sensor appears to be in good shape and will code and clear by unplugging and plugging back in
Had half tank of gas so I dumped in a gallon of c16 and topped off with 91
Teed in fuel press gauge and taped to handlebars test rode has 46 psi idle to wot never drops
Idled sled while spraying brake clean on crank seals they seem good never revved up they were new 1200miles ago
Carb boots are excellent shape
Pistons are excellent shape

As I said the sled is a pumpgas set up with ebc from boondocker and has 4200 miles on it all boosted, 1200miles on rebuild. Sled ran great on a Saturday but I broke a helix and changed it that night then Sunday right off the truck it was a pos. has ran it's entire life on 91 octane fuel from the same gas station. Now it's been about a month since its ran good and I'm completely stumped, hoping there's a turbo builder or someone that has ran into this before!!! Please help!!!!
I did get it to actually go up a hill without bogging out by feathering the throttle as fast as fingers can possibly move the entire way up on hero snow. Sled will start and idle like its brand new. Problem doesn't show up until at altitude under load.

Thanks dan

Your fuel pressure should be building. (I think)
All turbo kits I know of have a rising rate fuel pressure regulator.

Some BD kits just have a hose that runs into the tank that applies pressure from a boost line to the fuel pressure regulator, when the boost pushes it it increases fuel pressure and adds fuel. Without it it will run way to lean and if it didn't cook the pistons you will be lucky.

Look in tank for loose line, bd set one up once with a zip ty on the line and it soaked in gas and popped off, let alone they used some chitty azz fuel line.

Do you know what version of the bd kit it is.

Premium Features

Back