• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m8 bd pump gas turbo giving ecu 23 code

F

Fiddy

I know its a failure in knock sensor. it faulted out alot today boost is set at 6lbs riding at 9000 10000 . I'm running 91 octane added a gallon of race gas todaymaybe helped a little first time out with it. The guy I bought it from said it as a pully and go . It also when u have to get out of the throttle and get back on it itbogs for about3-4 - secondthen rips. For the most part the sled is awsome need to figure out a few things and it will be perfect

Run the same sled and never seen that come up. Last year I ran 8lbs at 8000-11000ft. Sled ran great with 91 oct with a gal of 110 in it. I see your from Iowa I'm from mn. Since we can't ride these sleds at our elevation I added aux Injectors this year sled runs even better. Might want to consider that

Could be bad gas, might be worth draining tank completely and put good gas back in just to rule it out, but??

In 09 they had electrical power issues from the supply not being enough, then they came out with a few updates, then they came out with an updated fuel system etc... you need to know what version your kit is and if any updates where done. The first 09 kit I was around did this all the time and was retarded, it wasn't until 2011 that I saw a bd kit really work and it still took some slight tuning once in a while.

I've also heard that if the knock sensor wasn't torqued perfect to spec it can cause problems.

If you do drain the tank-check your fuel pickups

be sure to clean them, other people recommended to me to pull the plunger out of the center pickup, that way fuel is being sucked out of it at all times whether you are going uphill , or downhill, or on even terrain.

2d controll box

learn to be smoother when getting in and out of the throttle .whats happening is youre over boosting and under fuel . generally happens when chopping the throttle and slamming back into it. it happens in the mid range as the turbo is still spooled and making boost and your throttle is half closed . the 2d controll box doesnt controll boost matched to throttle position, it's easier to just keep it pinned and hold on. :face-icon-small-ton

learn to be smoother when getting in and out of the throttle .whats happening is youre over boosting and under fuel . generally happens when chopping the throttle and slamming back into it. it happens in the mid range as the turbo is still spooled and making boost and your throttle is half closed . the 2d controll box doesnt controll boost matched to throttle position, it's easier to just keep it pinned and hold on. :face-icon-small-ton

Lol I know what u mean hold on!! I'm going to run 3- 4 gallons of race gas to help with the octane code issue. Think that should be enough to help I know my egt numbers where spot on . Will be going to tog feb 4-8 see if it's better . Was thinking about putting the ebc on herd it helps with the lag any input?

also check your duty cycles ,you might be close to running out of injectors . not sure if ebc actually makes lag smoother but it's a nice piece of electronics and does alot of work for you, change 5000' and not change anything, the latest version is tps controlled and that would make it smoother makes boost smoother kinda hard to explain but worth it and helps with over boosting and under fueling.

Premium Features

Back