• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 dragon primary bushing weight wore

B
Sep 24, 2008
MILTON, WI
Took out my weights the other day and noticed one of the bushings is wore on one side, like it was cocked in the prirmary or something....

Any idea's to what the cause is and how to fix?

Thanks,

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Not uncommon on big Polaris twins. Put new bushings in the weights, make sure the buttons are tight and the center bushing and cover bushing are tight.

How many miles on the sled?

sled_guy

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
That sounds really early to me (if the clutch only had 400 miles). The bushings are usually the first to go for me on the Polaris clutches. I do a primary spring at the same time as it will start to wear.

B
Sep 24, 2008
MILTON, WI
I thought so too, there are belly busters and EPI is sending out new bushings at no charge (they didn't know either to the cause). I'm wondernig if my clutch is a little out of whack? I've never shimmed or balanced a clutch in 20yrs, maybe it's time to start giving my primary some love.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
I thought so too, there are belly busters and EPI is sending out new bushings at no charge (they didn't know either to the cause). I'm wondernig if my clutch is a little out of whack? I've never shimmed or balanced a clutch in 20yrs, maybe it's time to start giving my primary some love.
Honestly after seeing how far off the balance is from the factory I won't even run a new sled without sending it in for balancing anymore.

Balance could deffinately cause this but I'd have to believe that EPI must have gotten a bad batch of bushings or something to go that fast.

Send it to Indy Dan and have him balance it, he does the most thurough job of anyone I've seen and gets it as perfect as possible. Also send him your belts and he will shim it for your belts while he's got it apart.

Premium Features