• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 800 Dragon w/2010 top ends?

So I am wondering how many of you that have the new top ends this year have blown them up? I just got mine broke in and started to have idling issues. My dealer did the latest and greatest "FLASH" Went riding the next day and smoked the top end! Polaris is giving me another "New Top End"! I'm glad it's under warranty still.. How many of you dragon riders have had the same problem? Also wondering if Polaris is going to extend my warranty??? My Dragon ran great before they made me get the new top end!!! Kinda Pissed now!!!

mine went down after the first tank of mixed fuel the mag side was not oiling and scuffed the piston. this is the second one at my dealer they said. so mine will also have a new top end.

I've heard of a couple of updates locally that went down out in Togwotee. :noidea: I think the update is more reliable than the 09, but still seems to have some issues.
The curious thing that I can't get past is why some run great and others they can't get right to save their lives.

mine went down after the first tank of mixed fuel the mag side was not oiling and scuffed the piston. this is the second one at my dealer they said. so mine will also have a new top end.

Didn't you notice that it wasn't using oil after the first ride?

took maybe ten minutes for it to quit drive your car with no oil and see how far you get

talked to the guy who had the sled and he had the shop turn up the oil pump so it did take the tank down the first ride out it seems he thought that when he was riding it that two tanks of gas to one tank of oil was not enough but sounded like enough to me. not sure if there was some sort of blockage where the oil into the cylinder.

got the pc5 on mine, is at dealer with idling issue. first started would idle fine at 1500' to 5000' get up into alpine 7500' couldnt hold 1200 rpm. so i brought it home took to dealer did the flash, tried to adjust my tps and it would either idle high or not at all. put a new tps in. now idles at 2400. adjusting tps and idle doesnt change.. now they figure its pulling air from base gasket on mag side, i'll see if that fixs it tomorrow

That's the weird thing I used the same amount of oil as my buddy 08 D8..
I'm looking into the pcv but don't really want to spend the extra $ when this sled should rip stock!

It's not the lack of oil that is burning 99.9% of these sleds down.

after my update this year my 09 d8 has blown up twice in 125 miles. I run a fire n ice air intake kit with a slp single pipe and can and a power com V with a fuel map from slp and I have no idea Y it is going down? I have lost all confidence in my sled and thats when it becomes work insted of fun! Love the chassey but hate the motor

I had the 10 update ran a lot better then my 09 motor but after 5 rides went down on the pto side. The kicker is my oiler is turned up as far as it will go a tank of oil to a tank of gas. Now they are telling me they think that sleds are going down because the gas is not up to the 91 octange, which brings up my next question why is the artic cat m8 I ride with every time and get gas with every time we go riding not burning down nice try polaris.

I had the 10 update ran a lot better then my 09 motor but after 5 rides went down on the pto side. The kicker is my oiler is turned up as far as it will go a tank of oil to a tank of gas. Now they are telling me they think that sleds are going down because the gas is not up to the 91 octange, which brings up my next question why is the artic cat m8 I ride with every time and get gas with every time we go riding not burning down nice try polaris.[/QUOTE]

That's nothing but a bull**** excuse, if Polaris is stooping to this level, they are in trouble. Polaris needs to get these 800's right if they know what's good for them. Really, imagine if there was no aftermarket fuel controller like the PC, they would be having serious issues.

09 d8 with the 10 update

i have about 350 miles on it pulled the valves and the pistons look good the only problem is i cant get rpms above 7850-7900 great chassis

Still problems

So I got my 09 d8 back from my dealer with a whole new top end.. Went for a twenty mile break in ride.. Now it has a low end stumble. Dealer told me it's due to all the added oil in my break in tank.. Has any one had this happen??? It runs great in the mid range and top end but from a stop it has a bobble!?

there are many 800 engines out there with the same problem like you.

i installed PC V on most 800 engines to fix the problem and for now it works.

i think the 800 software sucks.

i have three, one boosted... and they all run a lot better than they did before... over 1000 miles on two of them and 600ish on the other since the update

Premium Features

Back