• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 summit x 151 compression test

I have a 07 summit x 151. I did a compression test and got 100 on both cylinders. Some people have said that is ok (not to low) because they are the same on both, But I have read that that is real low. Any advise would be sweet. Thanks
J

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
Too Low

Those numbers are so low, I would think, the sled would start hard.
Wondering if your gauge is wrong or leaking.
Should check with engine warm, throttle wide open and pull till the needle doesn't move any more.
Elevation also makes a difference in the readings, higher the elev., lower the compression.
Good Luck.

Thanks for info, I live at 10000 ft so I have heard that that will make hugh diff. Skidoo shop in town said that was high or great. Thay said low was under 80. It is a new sled to me and starts with two pulls everytime. Super pumped to be on a rev finnaly. Once again all info helps Thanks

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
All gauges aren't created equal! I wouldn't worry - especially considering the '07 has a much lower compression head than other Summits so it IS going to have lower compression readings! If your sled is running poorly or you have more than 3,000 miles on her then I'd change out the pistons and rings.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Premium Features