• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 rev clutching please help, seller said mountain, tech says no

T

TPOWER

Sep 12, 2009
Fort McMurray
Clutching and head ratio, i apologise for the long posT . I bought an 07 rev 151" X and i dont believe all truths where told, buddy said it was clutched for mountains, while dissamble for cleaning buddy wrote down all specs. Im not a clutching guy so they where just numbers and colors anyway i would like to know the theory behind this setup is it mountain setup or not. A couple buddys have givin there opinion but i would like a few more before i proceed with changing anything.

1st) cudney head--how do i find out compression ratio so i know if i have to run any race mix in it at home 2000ft or mountains 6000-7000 .seller said i should be alright

clutch set up is as follows
secondary.... Red spring *cr-5 helix
primary..... *410 ramps *2mm oversize rollers *extended pins *33 gr weight *white/silver spring (260-420) *quick clickers

I DO HAVE A SMOKIN JOE KIT ON THE WAY, BUT I ALSO HAVE ANOTHER 07 X 146" STOCK WITH CAN

sled in discussion is... 07 rev x 151 " with fresh short block (varified), v-force 3 reeds, cudney head, flow rites, tpi valves, cassis tunnel and engine stiffening, holtzman nitrous, jaws can , egts on the way
thanks in advance for your opinions AND ADVICE.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
That seems like someone took a cudney clutch kit and modified it putting the larger rollers in.
Might work out ok with that 410 ramp in there as the 410 has a higher profile that would counteract the feature of the oversize roller.

I don't know what to say....where the heck does someone come up with 33 grams flyweight. How was this value calculated? The calculation is done only by pinweight and whatever setscrew inside of it......not the roller, not the washer, not anything else, just the pure pinweight assembly.

Reactions: TPOWER
Nov 26, 2007
walla walla
Hmmm

With all of the mods I would say that you should ride it and see how it works. 07's are a bit tempermental.. What gears are in it?? The DJ kit in mine works great.. I am not running any pinweights. 19/45 gearing. Pulls hard and has eaten only one belt in 1100 miles.. Keep an eye on the belt height in the secondary as it does make a big difference in performance as the belt wears..

Reactions: TPOWER
T

TPOWER

Sep 12, 2009
Fort McMurray
THANKS GUYS, I BELIEVE HE MUST OF WIEGHED THE WHOLE ARM, ANYWAY HE SAID THAT THE SET UP WAS FOR DRAG RACING OR CORNICE JUMPING, SELLER SET IT WAS SET UP BY A SPEACIALTY SHOP IN bc. IM NOT SURE OF GEARS, I STILL HAVE TO CHANGE CHAIN CASE OIL THIS WEEK. Joe i do have one of your kits on the way through my buddy Dr.k, we r heading out on the 28 so i think i will not touch anything try it and bring the kit and tools, i also am bringing my stock 07 x 146 also which i havent ridden yet either. This way i can try both sleds as is, and then with the kit. Again thanks alot guys. You know when u buy something used and it has stuff added u dont know what u got till u varify things for yourself.
Save Sleddin,
TPOWER

Premium Features