• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 REV 800 Clutch Issue

E
Nov 26, 2007
I hate to beat a dead horse around here however I still have some problems with this thing. Right now I have all the clutch updates from ski-doo, have venting and run the doo belts. I can only get around 4 rides per belt, and after about a good 15 min of really getting on off the throttle I could cook an egg on the primary.

I figure it has one of three things, crank runout, something binding in primary or clutch is out of alignment. The sled has around 1000 miles now, im getting concerned about reliability issues on the hill now.

Can anybody reccomend something for my heat problems?:confused:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
When were the clutch updates done?....if they were done before early '09 then they likely just put in new parts that were still bad (spring cap, rollers, secondary bushing). The improved parts weren't available until later.
With good bushings/rollers etc....proper alignment and a good setup it should run VERY strong and consistant.....and I would run only the Doo -288 belt, the 166's were hit/miss for quality.
What do you see for RPM on a full throttle run on a hill and is the RPM consistant? Do you know the exact primary and secondary setup you are running?

Nov 26, 2007
walla walla
dj clutch kit...

I put a DJ clutch kit in mine... All the difference in the world.... Also, make sure you have the belt height correct in the secondary...It does make a diffference too.. 150 miles on the first and now w/the kit 1000+ miles on the second belt.

Y
Skidoo runs a very short belt, compared to the other brands, so the alignment has to be EXACT! Since exact is impossible you see lots of heat issues in Skiddoo's. First step is to put a straight edge against the secondary and then use a caliper to see which way the belt is bending (toward the motor or outward). I used a flat top belt so it is a little easier, but if you use a top cog belt make sure you measure carefully.
Once you know which way the belt is bent, take out or add shims behind the secondary to line everything up.
Then buy one of Ducks spacers to float the secondary. No more clutch heat. Then if you are not a flatland rider, and need some performance, toss the TRA under the bench and buy a good primary.

Premium Features