• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 Poo to 09 Doo - Tips on Summerizing

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Hey

Just brought home a new 09 XP Hillclimb edition and need some info. Been a Polaris guy for years and have never done any tinkering on anything else. Just uncrated the sled this week, but doubt I will get to ride it this year due to work picking up. Is there anything special about summerizing this sled compared to any others?? It has maybe a gallon of gas and has only been run to get it in the trailer to bring home. Figure a little Stabil, grease everything and possibly fog the motor. I never fogged my CFI poo motor so not sure what to do. It gets kept in the shop all summer so I don't have to worry about climate change or tarping/rain issues. Never had a problem with condensation in the tank. Any help is greatly appreciated. Guess I should get a better username now too:o...

What you said plus; take the plugs out and spray a bit of fog in each, replace plugs and pull over a few times, put wires back on and your done.

Well, all my buddies (4 of em) seized their sleds in the last few weeks so I think summerization plan is to seize it and then leave it at the dealers until November:(

Rt

Premium Features

Back