• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 summit rev EATING FUEL ALIVE

W
Apr 22, 2010
i went to the gas station this morning and filled up my sled, the gas gauge never went past more the half full, when i could SEE the fuel was to the top. Went out sledding in some pow and somehow burnt through a whole tank in 3 hours?!?! someone please help??? I tried lookin in the the engine but couldnt even begin to see where a leak could come from. tried finding the fuel line but its buried behind a buncha ****. HELLLP!

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
you say your gauge never went past 1/2 full when you filled it. are you sure it was empty or was the gauge just showing empty? over last summer my gauge started sticking and is completly useless now. you can pull them and clean/fix them if thats the problem. im just too lazy.

W
Apr 22, 2010
ya im pretty sure it was empty. when i filled it up all the way at the gas station, i SAW that it was completely full, hence if i put anymore gas in it would pour all over the seat and shiz. and then i checked it periodically when riding and also noticed it reeked of gas all day, especially when i was idling. I got about 3 hours out of it, and when i took the gas cap off i shook the gas around to get an idea of how much gas was in there. Gas gauge might be stuck but im pretty sure something else is going on. is it easy to clean the gauges?

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
dont quote me on this (im going from memory) but you take off the console and then i think you can pop out the gauge with the guts. i know there is a topic on here or on dootalk that has a good detailed explanation on how to do it (with picts). hope that helps

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
ya im pretty sure it was empty. when i filled it up all the way at the gas station, i SAW that it was completely full, hence if i put anymore gas in it would pour all over the seat and shiz. and then i checked it periodically when riding and also noticed it reeked of gas all day, especially when i was idling. I got about 3 hours out of it, and when i took the gas cap off i shook the gas around to get an idea of how much gas was in there. Gas gauge might be stuck but im pretty sure something else is going on. is it easy to clean the gauges?

how many gallons did you put into it? fix this problem yet?

Premium Features