• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'06 800 rev running horrible.

W
Dec 29, 2008
Wyoming
It's alive!!!!

Well took it out with the skidoo entourage.. I had the only REV there and it of course on que acted up.. I stole the DPM off of the wife's sled and the Lead mechanic took it for a spin while it was acting up...We replaced the DPM and solved the problems...I rodded the hell out of it jumped it buried it and threw snow all over it and couldn't make it do it..So it's fixed and all it was, is the DPM....Thank you everyone on here for your information and all of your help..Thanks guys....Oh and my Rev will beat and XP...Not really to excited about the XP's very different to ride.. THANKS:D:beer;

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
nice to hear your sleds back in tip top shape. the relay had mine running better. still getting the beep beep. and the engine light came on again when i put it in the garage. might be the dess plug. What kind of $$$$$$$$$ was the dpm?

C
Dec 7, 2007
sw wyoming
I have a 06 also and it was acting up like yours. After checking ever thing out I found out it would do it when it got to operating temp.replaced the electronic box and tether and it ran great. When I got to looking at the pins in the old electronic box I saw there was some corrosion at the base of the pins, cleaned it up and reinstalled the old box and it ran fine. The corrosion was shorting the conectors in the box and making it run bad. good luck.

W
Dec 29, 2008
Wyoming
nice to hear your sleds back in tip top shape. the relay had mine running better. still getting the beep beep. and the engine light came on again when i put it in the garage. might be the dess plug. What kind of $$$$$$$$$ was the dpm?

Don't know yet..I'm going down to the shop today to find out.. I just took the one off of the wife's sled and threw it on mine...I'll let you know when I get back...

W
Dec 29, 2008
Wyoming
Don't know yet..I'm going down to the shop today to find out.. I just took the one off of the wife's sled and threw it on mine...I'll let you know when I get back...

Well it's been awhile since i got to the shop,but the DPM is $166.95. I'm starting to wonder about sleddin. Everything is about 200 dollars....New headlight 200 dollars...New taillight 200 dollars..and on and on.

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
Well it's been awhile since i got to the shop,but the DPM is $166.95. I'm starting to wonder about sleddin. Everything is about 200 dollars....New headlight 200 dollars...New taillight 200 dollars..and on and on.
Well at least your still in the hundreds range :rolleyes: Dino

C
Nov 26, 2007
Well at least your still in the hundreds range :rolleyes: Dino

Hey Tack,
How the crank deal work out for ya at Sea-doo Clinic?

I picked up a used cylinder on E-bay and had mine running the next weekend.

LOL Everything $200. Paid $210 for a slighly used cylinder. New pistons $200.

Gotta love sleds. I miss the old days. Work on them for a week, ride-em for a day. Hey, this is the good old days.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Lakewood, CO

Did they say what the problem was with the DPM?
Of course I have the same problem and trying to figure out what is causing it.

Premium Features