• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 800 renegade only firing on pto cyl.

Hey I rode my gade for about 2 miles shut it down for about an hour and restarted it then it was only running on the pto cyl. pulled plug caps while running to verify. Loaded up brought it home pulled carbs drained them no water. I did change plugs also while I was out there. thought maybe I had a stuck exh valve so pulled the hoses off and there was water droplets in the hoses at the exh valves in both hoses. Its also back firing quite a bit. there is 2200 mi. on it and its been running great. Any help would be great our snow is almost gone here want to get one more ride in. I am getting spark on both cylinders also. both exh valves are moving smoothly by hand too. I just went through my carbs and they are very clean surprisingly enough.

Last edited:
Ya just did the deed before I went out and bought a comp tester I put my finger over the plug hole and gave it a tug and got nothing I mean nothing. Now that I think about it it was running a pretty high idle today must have been a torn carb boot. Tearing it down tonight.

OK it was a ring locator pin pushed itself in,ring spun, caught exh,port hence 0 compression. new pistons,rings and cyl. for me. good summer project

Premium Features

Back