• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 800 factroy mod motor

I have been back and forth and back and forth some more on what route to take...I am new to Polaris and had a 04 pro Xr factory built 800 mod practically given to me. I took it with intentions of getting a Iqr rolling chassis for a long track conversion. Now after doing all the research. I am fully aware of the custom fabbing it will take to make this motor fit, and I am ok with that since I like building custom things and not being like everyone else. But after doing the research and not being to familiar with polaris and the reliability of their motors, I am second guessing putting this motor in. Would I be better off in your honest opinion to just sell this set-up off and find a 600r motor to do a conversion with? Decisions Decisions...I am pulling my hair out on this one just thinking about what to do? If I do sell my 800, anybody have interest in a Fresh 04 factory mod 800, slp twins, carbs, primary, secondary, wiring, everything!!!:face-icon-small-con

You will have much more $$$$ in the 600r conversion. You'll need the entire engine compartment outta one. The fab work isn't really that difficult if you can weld or have a buddy who can.

I fit a few motors into mine and the only one i wouldnt want to take on is a triple haha
But i have fit a 720 Cat race motor and 670/720 mod RV motor and that was much much more work to fit, The 800 should be fairly easy if your handy with tools.

The 800 goes in pretty easy. Don't bother with oil injection and it's a little easier. If you really do have a factory 800 mod motor it will be a lot more fun then a 600r.

Premium Features

Back