• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 vertical escape no spark

I installed new engine in sled today and no spark. Unhooked kill switch and key switch, replaced stator, coil and cdi with known good ones. still no spark. Any ideas? Anyone with a wiring diagram. Has perc reverse. :face-icon-small-con

look at the wires you plugged into your coil and the wires you plugged into your temp sensor they are probably switched. the longer one goes to the temp sensor I think, but you can match up the wire colors also

look at the wires you plugged into your coil and the wires you plugged into your temp sensor they are probably switched. the longer one goes to the temp sensor I think, but you can match up the wire colors also

X2- i did that on my 03 prox and spent hours searching and realized i had the plugs switched. the downside was it fried my temp sensor but those are very cheap.

The pin outs on the wiring diagram for the temp sensor black wire and TPS sensor black wire are switched on the two cdi harness that I have, I know one is from a 2001 RMK 800, not sure of the origin of the other, assume it belongs to the 2002 rmk that I just put a new motor in, but not sure, is don't see anything different on the schematics for either year. could this be an issue or or is black black?

Premium Features

Back