• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 800 Running on one

Well after alot of time and frustration it all came down to a little bad spot in a wire on to my temp sensor. You could not even see the bad spot but it was bad. This was making my cdi box think it was overheating and that was making the sled run poorly so you would know it was overheating. Long story short its running like a champ and thanks alot for all the help. See ya out there.

Rick

I put a new one in but the bad spot was in the wireing harness about a inch from the connector. I was just about ready to order a CDI box when I ohhm'ed the temp sensor wires going to my CDI box. I was one happy man.

Good catch! I hate sleds and the electical shorts. More now than ever with more and more wires. I don't think I've ever owned a sled that didn't end up rubbing a wire through somewhere, usually under the motor, and end up having to chase it down. Enjoy the season now!

After looking at the wireing harness tonight I was really wishing I would have spent the time this summer and cleaned it up. I have Just as many wires going nowhere as I do being used. I would rather just eliminate all the un used wires and clean it all up. Now its riding season though it will have to wait.

Premium Features

Back