• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 600 classic not running right

I had gf,s sled out Saturday and it ran like crap so i stripped bowls off carbs and cleaned and blew everything out. Still didn't fix my problem. It wants to go but when you apply any heavy throttle it goes into a sort of limp mode and does nothing. It ran great last year so im a little confused. I put fresh gas , checked air box and exhaust for mice houses. I haven't cleaned fuel pump or touched the tps. to me its a fuel issue .

Maybe your temp sensor is bad? Unplug it and see if it gets worse or stays the same. If it stays the same then that indicates the sensor is bad.

sled_guy

check the fuel pick up in the tank...

its at the age that it time to replace..

Any tube floating around in the tank??

I'm guessing temp sensor as well. As said, unplug it and see if it changes. Could also just be the connection.

I took a zip tie and went around mine on both sleds just to keep it good and tight.

When the high low beam switch malfunctions, it causes engine problems. As I recall, it limits the rpm to something well below maximum, and runs like crap getting up to that rpm.

A bad CDI box will also cause engine problems.

Yes, the sled is designed to have the sensor plugged in and working properly. If you unplug it, even at an idle it will run badly and it won't want to rev up very well.

sled_guy

So i tried sled with temp sensor disconnected and it ran like total crap . I see what you mean now. So thats working properly. I did another thorough cleaning of the carbs and it seems to be better but thats running it on a stand with short throttle blasts. The real test will be Saturday . fingers crossed

Premium Features

Back