• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 Summit ZX

J

JustinB

Im am looking to completely redo my sled this summer but I have no idea where to start. It just does not seem to have the oomph! I want.
I am looking to get more track speed I am turning 7800 R's but it feels like I am hardly moving.

Also is it better to have you limiter straps out all the way in all the way. I am a bigger rider and I have set the suspension all the way stiff.

Anyone I cant find parts for the 02 zx chassis only the xp and rev. What are you guys running??

Please any input.

If you want to get off the line faster you should put Boss Noss on and that will do the trick. Also if it is a 800 with a 159" track that would also make you climb better. A can will add some power and eliminate weight. Risers and help you ride better.

I have heard the gearing on the 02 800 sucked anyone tell me what is a good setup?

So far I put on a can and a 4" riser, also put the 151" extension on.

Last edited:
Start with clutching...you should be turning more like 8000.

Team secondary will help with quick back shifting... but sounds like you still need to change the primary clickers to get the RPM up...

BIG BORE BABY!!! There are many posts on here regarding big bores for that sled... I am running a RKT 827 kit...

gear way down and go with straight 40 helix on Team roller clutch with nice stiff secondary spring. I also jetted down 2 sizes on main jets and lower the needle clip one position on my 03 800 HO ZX. Great running machine. I havent messed with the primary except to sometimes adjust the clickers to a higher RPM setting for spring riding. I think 7850 RPM is max HP so i like about 8000 since you may lose 100 or so RPM under heavy mountain riding load. I havent messed with DPM.

To shed a bit of weight I also run the HPS can and ceramic coated the stock pipe and remove the hood whenever possible and went with lightwieght boss seat.

if your suspension is too stiff you may not be getting wieght transfer which is important for the ol' hillclimb. I also went with the SLP clip-on air flow filters in the dash.

Last edited:
gear way down and go with straight 40 helix on Team roller clutch with nice stiff secondary spring. I also jetted down 2 sizes on main jets and lower the needle clip one position on my 03 800 HO ZX. Great running machine. I havent messed with the primary except to sometimes adjust the clickers to a higher RPM setting for spring riding. I think 7850 RPM is max HP so i like about 8000 since you may lose 100 or so RPM under heavy mountain riding load. I havent messed with DPM.

To shed a bit of weight I also run the HPS can and ceramic coated the stock pipe and remove the hood whenever possible and went with lightwieght boss seat.

if your suspension is too stiff you may not be getting wieght transfer which is important for the ol' hillclimb. I also went with the SLP clip-on air flow filters in the dash.

Did the slp vents do anything I have them just haven't installed them.

The SLP vents help when riding in power
Also have 02 800 went from 144 to 156 with anti stab drivers really helped the climbing and all around sled performance . Waitng to install boss seat and riser for handel bars.

( needing info on what to look for when rebuilding clutches )

Here is a list of what I did that made a noticable difference
CPI porting
CPI twins
CPI head 13.5/1 inserts
SPI pistons
Boyesen rad valves
gutted airbox
added four additional vents on hood for intake air
Extrovert drivers and big wheel kit 159X2 camo ex.
21/44 gear HC-X secondary with 42 degree cam
Thundershift arms 16.5 gram pins no wieght in beam
I made drop brackets for rear susp. and moved susp.
back 3/4s of an inch run limiter 3/4 out
HP of sled is low 160s
It really goes good

So what is the differents with the anti stab driver and anti ratchet driver compared to the stock drivers???

Run my clutch kit in that 02zx (with a good fit engine) and you'll give stock clutch xp's a run for their money.

Doo Man I dont know what an anti-stab driver is but an anti-ratchet driver allows you to run the track looser which creates less drag. I have heard it can be as much as a 5 hp improvement.

dj's clutch set works awesome i run it on my 02 you cant go wrong there.i also run the rkt 827 kit,snostuff can,boss seat,mesh hood,159 challenger track ported,anti ratchet drivers,big wheels,no air box with pod filters and a 50 shot of boss noss and it runs pretty darn well.

So where and how much do those anti-ratchet drivers cast?? and if someone would get those in a different pitch than the stock 2.52 they would have to do a complete skid right?????

We sell light weight tough lexan hoods for the ZX. We have two options the regular ZX hood or the ZX Ultra-Lite that eliminates your windshield and headlight taking even more weight off. They are on sale right now also for $310 they are regularly sold at $395. If you are interested or have questions let me know.

Mvc-003f.jpg

ZXULforS20004.jpg

I want to add a big wheel kit, Where do I find one and with my extensions will i need a new track?

Western power sports would be a good place to start-or Avid products.
If you go with antiratchet drivers choose the 3 inch pitch this gives you
a greater selection of newer style taller lug tracks to choose from.

Premium Features

Back