• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 Edge 800 bogs/flames out @ 1/4 throttle

I have an 02 800 that at 1/4 throttle (6000 RPM) will bog for a split second kinda flames out (like a 4 stroke mx bike) If i remove the kill switch wire it will run fine. Any thoughts? If a kill switch is hay wire wouldn't it do it at all rpms? All connections are good, throttle play seems ok, looked for old threads on checking tps, all I could find were one for the cfi motors. Carb bowls are clean jets are clean 500 miles on powervalve's cleaned. Key is not hooked up. Thanks I give up!

i'm thinking that its most likely the throttle position sensor. it kills the engine if the carbs stay open when you let go of the throttle. the sensor hooks to the kill switch thru the throttle lever. so when you bypass the kill switch by unhooking it. the sensor thinks its working properly

i'm thinking that its most likely the throttle position sensor. it kills the engine if the carbs stay open when you let go of the throttle. the sensor hooks to the kill switch thru the throttle lever. so when you bypass the kill switch by unhooking it. the sensor thinks its working properly

Thats not the TPS, TPS is on the carbs

Negative on the tps being the problem, carbed polaris' do not incorporate it into a safety shut off switch. Only on EFI models is the TPS used as a safety shutoff.

my bad. on the quads i believe they call it a throttle position sensor. i assumed it was the same on the sleds. but the throttle does incorporate a safety kill switch. To quote the great IndyDan:

"You have 3 switches in & on the throttle control.

1 is the orange kill button.

the other 2 are tied together as to serve as a throttle stick protection system.

Dan"

Sounds like a needle position problem to me. Not enough gas in the mid range. If you are at the #1 needle position, go to #2 position.

Premium Features

Back