• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 CUSTOM Edge with 900 billet engine and diamond drive.

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
ttt

Nice ride bud. Seems as though we are a dying breed. Big bores, big guns and tons of fun (that don't mean the ladies!!!). Good luck to ya, hope she sells. I have something similar and am finding that the stock sled may be more popular that the mod. I will be holding out for the fair price. The skid in your sled (and mine) is worth over $3000 new... can't believe there is no one for a mod monster like yours. I know there are still big bore believers out there. Keep your chin up.

D.:beer;

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
It's ok that it didn't sell.I love riding it,the only reason I was selling it was because I want to do another project and needed the money for that.Looks like I'm gonna have this one for another season and do the project over the summer.:):beer;

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
$3995.00!!!!!!!!!!! Sold my trailer so this really needs to leave too.

This is it on the price.I will not go lower so DONT ASK!

S
Nov 27, 2008
Somebody needs to buy this so we can go racing next season!!! hahaha:D

Really,this is a BEAUTIFUL sled that runs great. It is priced at 1/5 of what it would cost to build it.

R

RmkMtnRider

Nov 26, 2007
Boise Idaho
Oh man.. 3500? I almost wanna sell mine and buy that from you. But i was hopeing to get that much outta mine that doesn't have near the mods that one does... I'm sure that sled rips! Good luck man..

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Stock RMK's are selling for $3500-$4000 it seems. You can prob get that or more if its a nice sled.

Mod sleds are a thing of the past.Very few people want to have them anymore and put up with what it takes to run them. The stock sleds have gotten so good you just dont need a mod sled anymore. Thats why I am having to go so low on the price.Yes,it pisses me off bigtime but thats the way things are.

I'd keep it and ride it next year but I'm looking forward to race season this summer and need money to get my car ready.

O
Dec 6, 2007
Could a guy fit an SLP single from an 800 and avoid some of the tuning issues? Such a sweet machine, and with the Indy bottom end it should last. I personally don't want to have to tune it all the time either, or listen to stingers.

Any idea how it might run with a single?

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
#1 no "Y" pipe will fit.#2 there are no tuning issues.I have rode it at snoq,baker,revy and Idaho with the same jets/clutching. In my opinion putting a single on it would defeat the whole reason of building the engine. If you want single type tuning and power ride a stock sled...

The stingers do suck,that was one thing I am gonna change if I keep it. It would take about 2-3 hrs fab work to put a SLP can on it. No,I will not put the can on to sell it,I'm allready giving it away.

O
Dec 6, 2007
So if there isn't any tuning, what do you mean by "what it takes to make them run"? Looks to me like the work is pretty much done, and it sounds like the tuning is done. I would probably have to make a few changes because I ride 10-13k feet but I am plenty handy with a wrench.

I just want to ride all day, and not have to worry about the machine. I don't mind some wrenching in between rides though.

I would never ask you to do the can, I could handle that on my end...the price is why I am so interested right now. My other option is an M1000. I know I can get that to 195hp on a single with no issues. I know I can get the weight down. At this point though it would be for double the money of your machine.

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Get a M1000,you will be happyier. This mod is dailed in but its a mod. They all take extra work compared to a stocker or mildly built stocker.

Premium Features