• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What size drivers for 2.5" on Nytro

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
I am thinking of putting a 2.5" track on my nytro, but need to know what size 3" pitch drivers will allow it. Do i have to go 7 tooth?

Thanks

kirk

Yes you will have to go 7 tooth, that is what is on the FX Nytro stock. If yours are in good shape you don't have to change them.

A 2.5 track will hit on the front cooler... Even with 7 tooth drivers... Cut about 1/4 off it and you will be good..

You can roll the front cooler forward and clear the 2.5

Dam, i thought a 2.5 would fit, I have a 2" now, will it really be worth the expense to only go to a 2.25"

For the record I have a xtx and it has 9 tooth 2.52 drivers in it now and i am limited to a 159", but thinking of going to a 162 and changing drivers to get the taller lug. Maybe not worth it if I have to only go to the 2.25.

Any opinion appreciated.

thanks,

kirk

A 2.5 track will hit on the front cooler... Even with 7 tooth drivers... Cut about 1/4 off it and you will be good..

You can roll the front cooler forward and clear the 2.5

stock drivers (7 tooth) and 2.5 ce and all was good. about 1/4~3/8 inch clearance ....now if you ratchet the driver:eek:

moving the front cooler forward......more work then it sounds. the pan that covers the jackshaft has less clearance then the cooler (did have black marks on it) or with 250hp the track is still 'expanded' at that point and rubbed.
anyway the track was fine after 1500+ miles

have avids now and would go with avids again so ratcheting hopefully couldn't happen LOL if it did then things will really get tight.

thanks,

I've put lot's of 2.5CE tracks on with 7t drivers and no problems. Just do it:D
If I move the cooler it'll be to squeeze a 3" in

yep and a three inch fits without it

have avids now and would go with avids again so ratcheting hopefully couldn't happen LOL if it did then things will really get tight.

thanks,

mine never racheted with the stockers but they were beat to hell after 1500 boosted miles....avids now and three inch ce

Premium Features

Back