• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Egt sensor, automotive replacement?

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
Is there an automotive EGT sensor that will work on the patriot 850 pipe?
Seems like I read somewhere about a duramax sensor but I can't find any info now..

Thanks for that.
That lead to this one which is the one I was thinking about.
Ordered 1 of each and will try them both to see if they work
7D4331D3-902D-4007-8564-A62E6A7C7A6E.png

Does anyone know if this would work on the 800 HO as well? I know I’ll have to put a different connector on it.

Same probe has a few different connectors over several years duramax engines.
Look up different engines/years and you’ll find the right connections.

Perfect, I’ll check that out. Worst case is I’ll just have to butt connector them together, but even that is better than paying Polaris $200 for one.

I also carry my home made resistor for temp sensor delete when it fails. Save a connector from failed sensor and put the correct resistor and no more codes. Runs good with hot pipe but can burble a bit with cold pipe. Good for saving a ride when it fails. Cant remember resistance offhand, 460 ohms I think, but not positive. If anyone cares I can check it tomorrow.

@spoon could you check on what the exact resistance is supposed to be on that. I’m trying to chase down a running issue and I’m suspecting it might be the egt. It would be nice to just try the resistor and see what happens.

@spoon could you check on what the exact resistance is supposed to be on that. I’m trying to chase down a running issue and I’m suspecting it might be the egt. It would be nice to just try the resistor and see what happens.
Will measure mine this afternoon and post resistance value.

Same probe has a few different connectors over several years duramax engines.
Look up different engines/years and you’ll find the right connections.

Aren't the part number for the 850 and 2018 and newer 800 sensors the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features

Back