• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yet another suspension thread

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
so I've now officially done the heavier torsions and front track shock springs on my 06 anni. it has worked great as far as getting the a55 end of the thing up. looks way better. I also did the 5/8" scissor mount movement. but even with all this there is an issue. although the back end sits higher now, it still doesn't have any rebound to the suspension until you get almost halfway down. I've talked with Polaris about different shocks, they offer a supersede for the stock anni rear track shock that is basically just a dampener. it has no rebound at all and the stock anni shock with the remote reservoir has very limited rebound. what do you guys recommend to get some better rebound in that top half of the suspension? does anyone offer an adjustable airshock for the rear track shock such as fox shocks etc? it would make sense that someone should as it would significantly improve performance if there was some rebound there..

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
so I've now officially done the heavier torsions and front track shock springs on my 06 anni. it has worked great as far as getting the a55 end of the thing up. looks way better. I also did the 5/8" scissor mount movement. but even with all this there is an issue. although the back end sits higher now, it still doesn't have any rebound to the suspension until you get almost halfway down. I've talked with Polaris about different shocks, they offer a supersede for the stock anni rear track shock that is basically just a dampener. it has no rebound at all and the stock anni shock with the remote reservoir has very limited rebound. what do you guys recommend to get some better rebound in that top half of the suspension? does anyone offer an adjustable airshock for the rear track shock such as fox shocks etc? it would make sense that someone should as it would significantly improve performance if there was some rebound there..

Rebuild your shocks?

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
yes theve been rebuilt.. I guess its not awful but coming from an mx background and having dealt with atv's and motorcycles quite a bit I know at least on those there is good rebound throughout the entire throw of the suspension which helps with traction and handling through rough terrain. so it makes sense to me that there should be a more stiff rebound in these sleds too. maybe my expectations are what needs to change? but thinking about it if that top half of the suspension rebounded better then these sleds should in theory hook up better in powder on the trail, up straight or on their sides. any input here is appreciated

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I would get a set of fox zero pros with a clicker shock and have carls cycle do their magic on them. That's what I had in the ex's sled and it was. Awesome...along with the torsion springs and all that we talked about...they will be your Cheapest route..unless you find a smokin deal on some Zbroz exit shocks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
so where would I look for those fox shocks? i have checked with my normal parts places and they don't offer anything fox for the rear... is it application specific or do i just need to measure the extended and compressed length and find something generic from fox.. also what exactly does carls cycle do to them?

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
and yes guido everything is done that you recommended in the budget skid setup thread including the scissor relocation

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Max Rear Springs

I tried the heaver springs recommended her. They did the same thing you mentioned no rebound.

I installed the 2 up touring sled rear springs from like a 2006 or 2007 touring sled.

Avaliable thru Polaris.

Way better than the Heavier spring --what a diffrence , you can run then on mid setting and it will rebound to the top when you get off the sled.

Seach the 900 forum I have a thread somewhere on this

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
The .405 spring mentioned by lee is not ideal IMO. It's covered in the thread called "big boy torsion springs...inputs" if u wanna read it

As for the shocks..they are IQ chassis specific. Anything from 05-10 polaris iq will work..check the swap meet man, deals for days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features