• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>> Yamaha 2016 Viper-MTX Rollout.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Here ya go, that's better than factory installed.

I might just buy a Second One!

attachment.php

D

Drifter

Dec 16, 2007
The want 16199$ cdn for the limited 162 track. Ouch.

The 3 inch track and the new front end is cool.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
well:boink:give it up.
While all of us were HOPING this would be the year we finally saw a factory turbo, we all know now that its not going to happen.

Shame.

But, the engine comment on the Vector has me thinking that is the next step for the Viper as well.

I am willing to bet that what we are going to see NEXT is the Genesis Engine reworked specifically for dedicated turbo use, following the very same pattern of what they did for the Vector.

New Crank
New Pistons
New Connecting Rods
New Chip Controlled Throttle
New D-Mode

picture.php

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I sure tell you what I do like what I see. The number one thing I missed with my 800etec this year was the power(not that I need it, But I like it). I have heard from many people that the 15 viper handles much better than the 11t and that the power is easier to ride. I loved the power of the 11t with my EVO kit(260HP) but I missed the performance just off idle. I know the 3 cylinder shines more in that region.

Now they narrowed the sled even more and I am hearing claims of even better handling than the 15 viper. . . . Now I want one. LOL

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
I might just buy a Second One!

attachment.php

Yami upped their game with the LE this year vs '15!

Extra year warranty (3 instead of 2)
$600 in accessories
Ogio bag

The turbo kit is $500 more expensive. Base price LE is more expensive, but, IMO for the 3" track that alone is worth it. The front end design has really peaked my interest. Should make for an awesome sled next year!

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
The want 16199$ cdn for the limited 162 track. Ouch.

The 3 inch track and the new front end is cool.

Agreed....but the exchange diff makes the "south of the border" model $17,500. The incentives went way up this year as well. So pricing is almost similar to 2015 models.

3" tracks are 1800 in Canada.......I have bought a few.
Narrow front end is 1800 from Skinz......I'd trust the OEM version for many reasons first.
Full storage bags......$200 option
New ski, rotor and get this.........heated seat that is noticeable on a chilly day.
Boost for 3k Cdn......a pretty good deal.
Overall Im rather excited.

Cheers
RS

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Agreed....but the exchange diff makes the "south of the border" model $17,500. The incentives went way up this year as well. So pricing is almost similar to 2015 models.

3" tracks are 1800 in Canada.......I have bought a few.
Narrow front end is 1800 from Skinz......I'd trust the OEM version for many reasons first.
Full storage bags......$200 option
New ski, rotor and get this.........heated seat that is noticeable on a chilly day.
Boost for 3k Cdn......a pretty good deal.
Overall Im rather excited.

Cheers
RS

Some nice improvements. When can I get one with the R1 motor(maybe turbo version). I see someone put it in a YZ. Should be able to fit in sled?
180 stock(195 with chip). Lighter(I think). Sounds like fun.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i'm happy with the improvements every single issue i had with my 15 yamaha has addressed and i will be retro fitting,

liking the the new front end as the spindle drag was my biggest complaint with sidehilling, i'll take the srv suspension over skinz when i'm out riding i can mosey over to my dealer for spare parts and get back to riding instead of waiting 1-2 weeks for spare parts from skinz.

3" track got mine on day 1 and love it.

15' front track shock junk, hoping i can get an evol air for the front asap. Aso does anyone know the differences with the rear shock pull rod that they changed to help with bottoming? I'm hoping i can retro fit this cheaply.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Well since I got all this stuff to add on, the steel speed nuts on the oil filter access are rusting and are about as hard to remove as the tank heat shield: go arctic cat. This sled is in a heated shop and has been ridden 4 times:(

image.jpg

C
Nov 29, 2008
move in the right direction ... now drop some weight and its on the list for consideration. Would love to test a 16 with the narrow front end and no sway bar. Planning on picking up a couple of new sleds next year but looks like $ / $ the best deals will likely be holdover 15 poo's.

Good to see Yamaha step it up!

Premium Features