• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XC 120 Handlebar Riser/Extensions

P
Hey Snowesters a little help here. Has anyone done a handlebar riser or extensions on the kids 120's. I have an extra tall biological offspring that's hitting his knees on the stock bars. Have ya'll done the cut and weld method or does someone make different posts. And how have the brake cable and throttle been lengthed. Where I live here in AK I just can't drive to the dealers to see what cables may fit so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

PJ

Last edited:

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
They have a three position steering post. The upper hole really moves things up. I don't know how old you kid is but it should be high enough for what those sleds are capable of doing unless it's the super mod. I have a tall 11 year old and she fits a lot better with them in that position. Hope that helps, but I would imagine you've already noticed that.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Hey Snowesters a little help here. Has anyone done a handlebar riser or extensions on the kids 120's. I have an extra tall biological offspring that's hitting his knees on the stock bars. Have ya'll done the cut and weld method or does someone make different posts. And how have the brake cable and throttle been lengthed. Where I live here in AK I just can't drive to the dealers to see what cables may fit so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

PJ

Check out www.hardcoresledder.com

They have a specific KID'S 120 FORUM.

There's a great do-it -yourself article on rear shock.for $ 40.00 (pinned)

Saw something about handlebar risers on there as well

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Not sure what year they added the 3 pos post but the point is not all of them have it.

Do the shock kit. Me and a couple friends with kids have 6 of these things in various states of modification. They all have the shock kit and it is well worth the 2 hours in the garage.

P
OK so I go look at my older boys 2001 120. I'm thinking what is cfr118r talking about I see no adjustment on the bars. I get out my service manual, nothing, then get out the owners manual, nothing about adjustment. Then I go to the younger ones 2003 120 and it has a three position adjustment. Do a little research on polaris's website and find that 2002 and newer have this adjustable setup. So I adjust the 2003 machine all the way up, make the boyz trade machines for the afternoon( under much protest and whining) and voila the 10 yr old is liking it much better. So I guess I'll be spending 150.00 this summer and buy the newer style post and bars for the 2001.

Thanks guys......
I'll check out the shock thing too.....

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
OK so I go look at my older boys 2001 120. I'm thinking what is cfr118r talking about I see no adjustment on the bars. I get out my service manual, nothing, then get out the owners manual, nothing about adjustment. Then I go to the younger ones 2003 120 and it has a three position adjustment. Do a little research on polaris's website and find that 2002 and newer have this adjustable setup. So I adjust the 2003 machine all the way up, make the boyz trade machines for the afternoon( under much protest and whining) and voila the 10 yr old is liking it much better. So I guess I'll be spending 150.00 this summer and buy the newer style post and bars for the 2001.

Thanks guys......
I'll check out the shock thing too.....

I'll be doing the do-it-yourself shock mod in the next couple of weeks on my 4 year old daughter's PINK 2008 120 Mini-Dragon. I already have the (2) steel 5/8" shafts (approx 11" and 6") and I ordered the kimpex shock (part # 08-114-14, $20.00) yesterday. When I figure out the exact length (and thread the ends to 5/16" on the lathe), on the shafts I'll post feedback, It's better than paying the POLARIS dealer $30 or $35 for the one shaft.

Rather than use the 5/8" collars, I'm going to install tubing over the 5/8" shafts (to keep the shock centered) 1/2" water pipe/gas pipe (approx 5/8" I.D.) should work if I drill it out just a bit more, not concerned about the added weight just yet.

Last edited:
Premium Features