• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 m8 steering post

T
Oct 13, 2015
hi, I am new here and new to arctic cat. I have done some research and can not find answers to my questions. my bars are too low and I would like to raise them. I have the non telescoping steering post. I currently have a rox 6-8.25 riser that I would like to use but I am worried that it would make it too tall for throttle and brake cable extensions. also I have the flat top post which means Ill need a pivot adaptor as well. so does anyone know if the extensions will be sufficient? and what is involved in extending the wiring? or am I better off buying a shorter post with a t top. also I have been reading alot about these steering posts breaking or the bulkhead cracking. I have found 2 options either the wildchild plate or the bdx anti slop brace. can I run just the bdx one or do I need both? as of right now there is no cracks or issues. if I need to swich posts is there a cheaper option then the $250+ custom wildchild post? thank you for any input.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
i run a 3 inch rise in mine i beleive its amp or cat its angled forward and give me plenty im 6/1 . Do not get the telescoping one its junk. The anti slop is just a better hold down for the upper post its well worth it if that what your talking about i have a brand new one here i could make you a deal on if your interested.

Jeva

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
You don't NEED it if you don't have any cracks yet, but I had both and the wildchild brace really stiffens up the steering hoop a lot and I thought was well worth it, it's a little bit of work getting it in. I seen your pm, I will check on shipping.

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
I just installed this modrods bulkhead brace, as well as the BDX anti-slop bushing. Really stiffened everything up.
http://www.xxxmodrods.com/product/m-right-support/

I also had 3" angled RSI risers that I removed. I really liked how they angled the bars forward, but were just too tall for me for holding the sled up on edge. They worked fine with the stock cable and wire lengths. Would be willing to sell them if you're interested.

IMG_4406.jpg

T
Oct 13, 2015
It has a powermadd 3 inch block riser on it already and it is still 4-5 inches too short. I have only rode in the mountains once. So I have really no idea what I need to add to the sled or not. I just don't want anything to break lol.

zachman33

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2011
Washington
X2 modrods brace. It's time consuming but it works great. Gets rid of most of the steering slop, but not all of it.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Tieton,Wash
had a 09 cat and liked it except for the steering. it steered harder than heck. i read that putting on the older spindles (07) made the m sleds steer much better. I never did this since I sold sled. Just passing this along, might make a good sled even better.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I installed 07 spindles on my 09 and now the steering turns like a hot knife through butter. The spindles bolt right up but, you do have to sand/file the steering stops a bit to gain back the turning radius of the 09 and later sleds because the 08 and earlier didn't turn quite as sharp. Once you do that, you still have a good turning radius and it feels like power steering.

In fact, I happen to have a super nice set of 07 spindles for sale in the swap meet if anyone is interested. Here's a link.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397577

Premium Features