• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wyoming man hits wolf with snowmobile and proceeds to parade it around.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
April 19 is a day in history were some weird s__t goes down. Me agreeing with the simple one here can be categorized as some weird s__t.
That said, he's not really wrong when he says "The common house cat is more of a vicious predator than a wolf". Maybe "cruel" is more accurate than "vicious".
I have observed one of the sweetest cats we ever had literally rip the skin off of a live bunny for no reason other than it's own amusement.

Recent April 19 notable events...
1989 – Forty-seven U.S. sailors were killed by an explosion in a gun turret on the USS Iowa during gunnery exercises in the waters off Puerto Rico.
1993 – At Waco, Texas, the compound of the Branch Davidian religious cult burned to the ground with 82 persons inside, including 17 children. The fire erupted after federal agents battered buildings in the compound with armored vehicles following a 51-day standoff.
1993-- SD Governor George Mickelson dies in plane crash.
1995 – The Oklahoma City bombing – A federal building is bombed killing 168 people.
2024-- Mafesto agrees with Simple on an issue.

Last edited:
S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Wow! You are truly a special kind of stupid...

I don't think anyone here thinks that this guy was particularly smart in how he went about this deal. Pretty dumb really.

There are WAY bigger problems in this world right now for human beings that should be where the real outrage is directed. If you can't see that, then that says a lot about you.
I knew someone without knowledge on predators would jump on that one. You aren't stupid, but you aren't aware of the impacts the common housecat has on wildlife. Learn a bit about it here (opening up an NPR article wont' make you a liberal, don't worry)

Again, with the whataboutism...you want to talk about migrants like potatoheadID did? go for it...

CHarding

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 3, 2019
I knew someone without knowledge on predators would jump on that one. You aren't stupid, but you aren't aware of the impacts the common housecat has on wildlife. Learn a bit about it here (opening up an NPR article wont' make you a liberal, don't worry)

Again, with the whataboutism...you want to talk about migrants like potatoheadID did? go for it...
My comment about you wasn't JUST about the housecat comment. I've read all of your other posts.

A pack of housecats vs a pack of wolves... 🤔
I will take my chances with these vicious housecats you talk about.

Wolves have no real predators except for humans. You view wolves quite differently than I do.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
My comment about you wasn't JUST about the housecat comment. I've read all of your other posts.

A pack of housecats vs a pack of wolves... 🤔
I will take my chances with these vicious housecats you talk about.

Wolves have no real predators except for humans. You view wolves quite differently than I do.
I'm positive we do think differently.

I've been to plenty of meetings about them here in Colorado. I've heard plenty of pros and cons. I've heard nutso tree huggers and I've heard scared of their shadow cattle ranchers.

I'm all for them and respect them. Not fearful of one or a pack (fiction). With reasonable rules and regulations we can strike a balance. You can't please everyone. People get attached to an idea and/or identity and struggle to listen to opinions that make them feel. Reasonable people can digest that new information and form opinions after the discussion. A decision doesn't have to be made in the moment.

Back to the point that this doesn't look great for snowmobilers but it really shouldn't be an issue in the long run. This dipshit is an outlier and once an apology happens it should smooth over.

Read a good article about red wolf hybrids in Texas that are being studied. Pretty cool to see nature finding a way to survive even under the circumstances.

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
More NPR Lunacy. Funded by ~$500 million per year of taxpayer money. Full tilt far left extremist propaganda and values are promoted and pretend to be neutral.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
What a strange point of view. What do you even know about what occurred 150 years ago? You some kind of wild west historian? Cruel people were punished back then as well dummy.

The common house cat is more of a vicious predator than a wolf. If someone took an injured house cat into a bar and left it in the corner to suffer while you appeared to enjoy the attention it gathered him, everyone would be outraged as well. A NORMAL person would either put it out of its misery, called DOW or a vet, or at least shown some sympathy for the animal. The fact that you don't get that makes it seem like you are a sick **** just like this guy. People with sympathy for creatures are outraged that there are people who don't. Get over it yourself.

There is a video floating around today with some dipshits taking bear cubs out of trees and hold them, getting them freaked out, and being dipshits. So they are the newest target for outrage. Thanks to the cellphone and the internet the dipshits that live among us (for at least 150 years) get loads of attention, get the mob pissed off, don't apologize, make excuses, and get forgotten about when the next instance happens.

Don't like it? Get off the internet.
This just needed saving…….

Actual internet Gold.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

US Republicans vote to remove wolf protections

AFP
Tue, April 30, 2024 at 5:44 PM MDT·2 min read

A quarter of a million wolves once roamed from coast to coast before European colonizers embarked on campaigns of eradication that persisted into the 20th century all but wiped them out in the lower-48 states (Kena Betancur)

A quarter of a million wolves once roamed from coast to coast before European colonizers embarked on campaigns of eradication that persisted into the 20th century all but wiped them out in the lower-48 states (Kena Betancur)

The Republican-majority US House of Representatives on Tuesday passed a bill that would remove endangered species protections for the gray wolf across much of the country, sparking outrage among conservationists.

Sponsored by Representative Lauren Boebert, a right-wing firebrand from Colorado, the bill passed narrowly along party lines (209-205) and now heads to the Senate.

The White House on Monday announced its strong opposition to the measure, indicating a likely veto from President Joe Biden if it reaches his desk.

In October 2020, former president Donald Trump removed gray wolves from their protected species status, which was put in place in the 1970s after their near extinction in the continental United States.

These protections were restored by a federal judge in February 2022, but not before the lapse in safeguards led to devastating losses: more than 200 were killed in a 72-hour hunting spree in Wisconsin, in just one example.

To supporters, the apex predators embody the free spirit of the American wilderness, while detractors see them as a threat to ranchers' livelihoods.

A quarter of a million wolves once roamed from coast to coast before European colonizers embarked on campaigns of eradication that persisted into the 20th century and all but wiped them out, outside of their Alaskan stronghold.

Today they number around 5,000 in the continental United States thanks to their listing on the Endangered Species Act.

But activists say recovery remains tenuous.

"If our elected leaders truly want to see this species fully recovered and properly delisted from the Endangered Species Act, they will vote no on this bill and allow wolves to continue their comeback story guided by best available science," said Robert Dewey of Defenders of Wildlife, one of more than 100 organizations that condemned the bill.

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
I just want to know WHO did the wolf census and counted the 250,000 wolves (nice round number, btw) from coast to coast before the European colonizers embarked on their campaigns.

Logistically, who did that? How did they do that?

I thought they would be more concerned in the 1700's, 1800's, and 1900's with things like eating and staying alive vs counting freaking wolves from coast to coast.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I just want to know WHO did the wolf census and counted the 250,000 wolves (nice round number, btw) from coast to coast before the European colonizers embarked on their campaigns.

Logistically, who did that? How did they do that?

I thought they would be more concerned in the 1700's, 1800's, and 1900's with things like eating and staying alive vs counting freaking wolves from coast to coast.
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!

Premium Features